GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Price Cut By 20%..........."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/09/06 at 09:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
........ but only in Japan.

Click Here

"The price for the North American and European launch will stay the same"

Thanks Sony!

Hopefully they'll follow suit for the European launch, it shows that Sony is getting worried about the competitivness of the PS3.
Thu 26/10/06 at 16:31
Regular
:\ Fight night gets me all worked up. Gaming usually becomes reality for my brother.
Thu 26/10/06 at 15:45
Regular
Pro Evo is probably the main culprit for me.
Thu 26/10/06 at 14:55
Regular
And people like me are sure to cause damage when playing some of the more "intense" games.
Thu 26/10/06 at 14:31
"possibly impossible"
Alfonse wrote:
> Do you think there will be as many broken PS3s as there are Xbox
> 360s?

Probably about the same. Complicated hardware. I've seen so many broken PS2s and so many Xbox DVD failures not to expect it.

Still think that there will be fewer Nintendo casualties though, due to the architecture... perhaps the Wiiremotes will break though (or cause physical damage if waved too hard)...
Thu 26/10/06 at 14:30
Regular
Alfonse wrote:
> Do you think there will be as many broken PS3s as there are Xbox
> 360s?

Yet the number of faulty 360s is far lower than then number of faulty PS2s and will remain so.

In fact, the biggest problem was overheating - something which can be remedied by simply removing your foot from your backside and giving the console proper ventilation, like you should any electrical device. Common sense really.

Something will go wrong with the PS3, I'm sure of it. And like other consoles, it'll seem like it's happening everywhere when in fact it's a massive minority when compared to the total market.

So far I've been lucky and have not had any such faults. So ner ner.

:)
Thu 26/10/06 at 14:15
Regular
I can see it now, a mass recall in PS3 units because the harddrives contain smallpox. Sony's gaming domination over.

*Gazes dreamily into the distance*
Thu 26/10/06 at 14:04
Regular
haha of course not.
Thu 26/10/06 at 14:02
Regular
Do you think there will be as many broken PS3s as there are Xbox 360s?
Thu 26/10/06 at 13:55
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> Seifer wrote:
> I would consider saving my money and getting a PS3 if i was you
> though, your missing so much :)
>
> And seeing as it isn't out yet, so are you.

I know but its worth the wait for me, was working over in LA and just happened to catch the E3 so i know what im getting my hands on :P
Thu 26/10/06 at 12:39
Regular
You're damn right :D

It's one of those tip-of-the-tongue moments, so quiet you :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.