GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"8march2003 - a hoax"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/11/02 at 19:39
Regular
Check the site if you don't believe me. It's all been changed and the owner admits it's a hoax because it generated too much publicity and stuff. Meh. It was actually quite exciting for a minute there.
Fri 15/11/02 at 00:09
Regular
near my 18th b'day how dare they! :p
Thu 14/11/02 at 23:36
Regular
somewhere in some dark dirty office > "Hey what can I get all the cretinous brainless suckers on the internet to believe this week?" "Ah, perhaps an elaborate hoax involving classified material and the 8th of March, I'm a genius!!!"

just another example of the Daily Sun/Star section of society ..
Wed 13/11/02 at 09:38
Belldandy wrote:
> Ratatatata!!! wrote:
> I'm fairly certain 8th March 2003 is no hoax.
>
> I see no reason why we should miss this particular day.
>
> Because it is, and always was, a h o a x.

I don't believe you read my post correctly.
Tue 12/11/02 at 23:34
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Belldandy wrote:
> Ratatatata!!! wrote:
>> I'm fairly certain 8th March 2003 is no hoax.
>
>> I see no reason why we should miss this particular day.
>
> Because it is, and always was, a h o a x ...

> ~~Belldandy~~

What? March the 8th doesnt exist?

MY GOD! WE'VE ALL BEEN ACTING LIKE FOOLS!
Tue 12/11/02 at 21:27
Regular
i dont get it...
Tue 12/11/02 at 21:04
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
In revealing it to be a hoax, it's in effect turned into a story rather than a hoax, so yes, now I'll be following a story or film now I know it not to be true.

But I have no idea how they'd get in trouble...:-P
Tue 12/11/02 at 18:43
Regular
"oaps.org"
fake, of course it is, look at the source code; Nice hidden hit counter
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:57
"Darth Vader 3442321"
El Blokey wrote:
> The sagacious one wrote:
> It's a poor hoax that owns up to being one before it has delivered.
>
> Did you read the site? He did it because people were getting accused
> of hosting the website, and it could cause problems for innocent
> people.
>
> And why read a book? Why watch a film?

I did read the site. How could anyone get in trouble? If you know you are hosting a hoax (which is not a crime) what's the problem?

Anyway reading a book is entertaining due to the quality of writing and the plot. A film likewise, with the visual/audio element also a factor. Hoaxes, such as crop circles and certain radio broadcasts are only interesting if people believe them to be true: their reaction to them is entertaining and the revalation that it is a hoax when people have argued vehemently that it isn't, is usually amusing.

A hoax that has already been exposed before it's inception cannot be entertaining as there is no point to it. "Hey I fooled you all!" No you didn't you already said it was a hoax Dumbum.
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Ratatatata!!! wrote:
> I'm fairly certain 8th March 2003 is no hoax.
>
> I see no reason why we should miss this particular day.

Because it is, and always was, a h o a x . As in false, I mean the whole thing was cliche ridden and with mass inaccuracies - like his Hard drive thing, the black van e.t.c. Also he said his site was annonymous, it isn't, it's just done with a company that does not provide web site owners contact details, they do need verifiable details before a site is set up and do retain the details which can be accessed by law enforcement. A true website of this kind would be done of free web space with a provider that you could easily fake contact info for.

If he really did have the earth changing revelation he claimed then we would not be discussing the website.

There would be no website, no him, no leak.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 12/11/02 at 16:57
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
The sagacious one wrote:
> It's a poor hoax that owns up to being one before it has delivered.

Did you read the site? He did it because people were getting accused of hosting the website, and it could cause problems for innocent people.

And why read a book? Why watch a film?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.