GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New pupils have to stay in school until 17"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/09/08 at 13:20
Regular
BBC

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not because I didnt start taking education seriously until 6th form. I think it was because I had more freedom and I could learn the subjects I wanted to do. As long as you still have that option in your final year rather than doing GCSE a year later then yes I think its good for kids to carry on learning for another year.
Wed 03/09/08 at 13:20
Regular
BBC

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not because I didnt start taking education seriously until 6th form. I think it was because I had more freedom and I could learn the subjects I wanted to do. As long as you still have that option in your final year rather than doing GCSE a year later then yes I think its good for kids to carry on learning for another year.
Wed 03/09/08 at 13:46
"possibly impossible"
The reason why Sixth form works is that the whole system is more open and work related than the current school curriculum. If the last two year between 15-17 rely on children telling teachers what they want to do, out of a series of choices and having far more work experience, then it would really benefit them.
Wed 03/09/08 at 15:00
"Was the man of marz"
Schools Secretary Ed Balls said:
"The interesting thing, talking to IT employers for example, is they say - the computer companies - the IT Diploma, for the first time, will teach students the theory, but also how to apply computers in practical ways in business or in the public sector. And we've never ever had that in a qualification before."

What about applied GCSEs? I took one in ICT (information communication technology) when they where introduced and it did the same as mentioned above. It's however like most GCSEs, utterly useless in the real world. Also they should be reducing and not increasing the age you leave a failing education system. The government are just worried by the statistics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.