GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSI - how to"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/12/00 at 22:49
Regular
If you have the include instruction in your web page and a file called htaccess do you need to do anything else to get SSI working?

I have included mine in www.weddell.co.uk/weddell
Sat 13/01/01 at 19:38
The .htaccess file can only be used on some server. Because the file 'manipulates' the server into doing different thing, like responding to different Error and producing custom pages for them, means that this file is often at Server Admin level ( it annoying, but so are people who think they are L33t, oh and Toni Blair ).

There are other ways around using .htaccess, like using ASP... http://www.learnasp.com/learn
Thu 04/01/01 at 21:00
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just change the file extension from .htm or .html to .shtml (note the s). As far as I know, .shtm won't work.

but what is a htaccess file, and whats it used for?
Thu 04/01/01 at 16:08
Markymunch says SSI isn't supported by Freeola
Fri 08/12/00 at 22:49
If you have the include instruction in your web page and a file called htaccess do you need to do anything else to get SSI working?

I have included mine in www.weddell.co.uk/weddell

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.