GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO FOR A PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/12/00 at 19:02
Regular
Hello again. This time I want to know what all you dedicated Sony fans would do to get your hands on a PlayStation 2. How far would you take it? How low would you go? How much can you grovel?

I want to hear from those of you who would go above and beyond and risk every single shred of dignity from your lives just to play on your Sony box. Only the most desperate losers must respond.

Oh, and by the way, we're not giving one away, in case you were wondering...
Sat 09/12/00 at 18:46
I'm sorry I'll have to direct you to my lawyers for the answer to that question!
Sat 09/12/00 at 12:55
Ild beg for it on a street corner, covered in manure...next to my local "Electronic Boutique store"...Ild have a little plaque saying, poor, lonely no PS2s till March,the world and the world will end on the dawn of the new millenium.

Hopefully then the sales of EB would fall, and theyld give be a PS2 to move on.

Or maybe the Sun would take a photo of me and give me a PS2.
Sat 09/12/00 at 02:00
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'd create a web site devoted to gaming. Then I'd write to Sony and say that we were having a big promotional drive to get people to register, and would they wish to donate a PS2 with 5 games as the main prize. If they said yes, then I'd get my mum to supervise the prize draw, which I'd win, then we'd get Sony to deliver.
If they said no, I'd print up some Redsplatt.com headed notepaper, and write to Sony to say that the PS2 we blagged for the GOSH appeal seemed to be lost in the post, would they mind sending another one? And advise them of the new delivery address (my house) at the same time.
Failing that, I could hack into the SR database and get Wookiee's address and do the cat burglar thing, complete with Tom Cruise-style 'abseil down the chimney through the infra-red beams' scenario, but dressed as Santa so that I would have an alibi if I woke him up.
Third option, I could always buy one. Hey! Why didn't I think of that before?
Fri 08/12/00 at 23:21
Regular
Awwwwwwww man! Calm down wook!
Fri 08/12/00 at 23:19
"High polygon count"
I'd go, ooh, about 6 feet. That's about the distance from my PC desk (where I am now) to the other side of the room, where my Tower of Power stands proudly beside my TV, in its sparkly new, blue vertical stand.

In fact, it's calling to me now in its soft, seductive tones... "Play me... plaaaaaayyyy meeeeee..."

The love of my life beckons me, and I am powerless to resist.

Farewell, my fellow gamers. If I do not return, know that I died a happy Wookiee, on an overdose of pleasure.
Fri 08/12/00 at 23:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Not very far, my mate just got one and to say it is not worth the money or hassle. And I thought it was his raditor.

I would not say no to one but it is not worth the money!
Fri 08/12/00 at 22:14
I would just do anything to get my hands on a PS2.

Lie cheat steal kill.

I am talking of course about Princess Suvari. (of the variety Mena. (American Beauty.)

-plus there are 2 of them, all the more for me
Fri 08/12/00 at 22:06
"possibly impossible"
How far would I go for a PS2? um, probably to Sony's UK HQ to ask why they've only bothered to release so little of them at one time, and yet everyone and their mother seems to be running competitions to give them away.

Alternatively, I'd go into space, not to get a PS2, but to kill a bit of time. By the time I'd have landed back on Earth they'd be available again!
Fri 08/12/00 at 21:51
Great Ormond Street (Woops my secret plan revealed!)
Fri 08/12/00 at 21:41
Regular
But there's none there!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.