GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should i have the Name Change?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/09/08 at 23:07
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Its been bugging me for a year now. This is the only forum I use the name Vampyr on. Everywhere else im Trice.

For the most part, I've stayed Vampyr, because this was my first foray on the interweb, all those Special Reserve Years ago. Its a throwback to my interweb youth, if you will.

But im not a teenager anymore (since December, lol) and my memory is waning. I come here and think "who's this Vampyr? Oh, its me!" looking for posts by Trice.

I was a sad child when Flockhart became Nin, mainly because it confused me. And I recently became aware Sunny changed her name too. This too confused me.

I'm also aware that this is probably a highly uneeded thread, as few of you will care for more than 5 mins if im Vampyr or Trice, coz it wont confuse you.

So, do i keep the original name, the one literally tens of you are used to, the one (specially) reserved for you dudes and dudetts or switch to the name i use for the rest of the interweb plebs in order that i dont get confused?

er, who get nominated, you decide? Ah Davina would be spinning in her grave.
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:07
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Its been bugging me for a year now. This is the only forum I use the name Vampyr on. Everywhere else im Trice.

For the most part, I've stayed Vampyr, because this was my first foray on the interweb, all those Special Reserve Years ago. Its a throwback to my interweb youth, if you will.

But im not a teenager anymore (since December, lol) and my memory is waning. I come here and think "who's this Vampyr? Oh, its me!" looking for posts by Trice.

I was a sad child when Flockhart became Nin, mainly because it confused me. And I recently became aware Sunny changed her name too. This too confused me.

I'm also aware that this is probably a highly uneeded thread, as few of you will care for more than 5 mins if im Vampyr or Trice, coz it wont confuse you.

So, do i keep the original name, the one literally tens of you are used to, the one (specially) reserved for you dudes and dudetts or switch to the name i use for the rest of the interweb plebs in order that i dont get confused?

er, who get nominated, you decide? Ah Davina would be spinning in her grave.
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:20
Regular
Trice for the camp value
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:27
Regular
More seriously, I'd say if you've stuck with it this long then you may as well stay as you are, or no-one will know who you are, ever. It's not all important, just when you use the forums it does become annoying if you have to follow everything you say up with an explanation of who you were..

But then I did have over about twenty names so I can see the confusion caused by it. And mild annoyance. But like you it was one of my first names on the net, and I couldn't really find one I liked. In the end I settled on the fairly stupid thenamechanger as I used to be changing it all the time and it sort of.. stuck.. because it was fairly ironic. But mainly because it was three letters to type. I don't use this name anywhere else either
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:30
Regular
I may change from Alfonse the Turtle, but I really can't be asked right now.
Tue 02/09/08 at 23:48
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Change it. If you're Trice everywhere else you should be here. I think the only Flockhart account i have left is on the IMDB, everywhere else i'm Nin/Mr Nin/Ninnuendo
Wed 03/09/08 at 00:04
Regular
"Mooching around"
It's a quarterly event for me; I have a low attention span.
Wed 03/09/08 at 09:10
"Was the man of marz"
I you do change it, put "Formally vampyr" in your tag line. Recently my cause for confusion has been these generic avatars, as I used to go by pictures to identify people. I know how simple this sounds but it worked (well used to anyway).
Wed 03/09/08 at 09:28
Regular
This is the only place I use YH. Does it matter? Not really. As someone else said, if you change your name, just put something in your tagline so people will know.
Wed 03/09/08 at 12:08
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Marzman wrote:
> I you do change it, put "Formally vampyr" in your tag
> line. Recently my cause for confusion has been these generic
> avatars, as I used to go by pictures to identify people. I know
> how simple this sounds but it worked (well used to anyway).

This is good thinking :D
Wed 03/09/08 at 14:25
Regular
I use to have lots of names too but I think people would want me to stick to Machie, they've all got use to it now, they would find it weird if I suddenly changed it over night to 'Jim'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.