GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please don't stone me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/11/02 at 00:47
Regular
..just because I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Well lo and behold - a new Harry Potter film that continues in the fine Potter-esque traditions of being dump. It was so cheesy and feel-goody that I'm surprised Rodney Dangerfield didn't appear at the end and do the funky chicken. I dunno how accurate it is to the book, but it didn't work as a film. It was like loads of little set pieces with some feeble excuse for a plot holding it all together. I wasn't expecting anything that great, but the plot was all over the shop - only finaly coming together at the end with the Bergerac style criminal going over his fiendish plot just to make sure that everyone was clear on why and how he was doing it. Highlight of the film was Kenneth Brannagh's self-loving, smug Professor of the Defence Against the Dark Arts, or something. He was actually very funny. Rest was backwash from John Leslie's toilet.
Sun 10/11/02 at 14:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Stryke wrote:
I'm going to see it tommorrow. And it'll be class, just like the last one was.

-------

Ha ha ha ha ha.... wait, are you being serious?

I have to admit, I *have* seen the first Harry Potter. My parents rented it, I had a few hours to spare, so I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about. After seeing it... I still don't know what all the fuss is about
Sun 10/11/02 at 14:19
Regular
That sounds like a damn good offer, but unfortunately I've never heard of UGC. Cineworld do a pass, but it's more than that and not for recently released films, so it's worth sod all. And I don't think UCI really know whats going on, except that back in the past someone signed something and films keep on getting delivered and they show them because they don't know what else to do.

I hate Milton Keynes.
Sun 10/11/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Stryke wrote:
> 7 quid for a film? Bloody. Hell. I pay 5 quid in Milton Keynes and
> still think thats a rip off.
>

Don't any of you have a UGC near you? For £9.99 an month you can see any film for free (£12.99 in certain parts of London I think). I used to spend about £30-40 a month on watching films, now I often go see 2 (maybe even 3) in a day if there's a lot out I fancy.

A few weeks ago I went to see Slap Her She's French and Halloween Resurrection on the same night. There was an hour and a half between them so me and my mate were debating on whether to go to the nearby Asda for some snacks (and for me to get an Autotrader - I'm after a new car) or to go see the last hour of xXx again to pass the time. It's too good to be true.

You probably have to be 18 though 'cos it's direct debit.
Sun 10/11/02 at 11:26
"...Unicef pennies.."
Mr. Happy wrote:
> having to put up with crappy Warwick Uni arts centre

Why didn't you get the bus to the skydome in Coventry if you hated the Arts centre so?
Sun 10/11/02 at 11:15
Regular
7 quid for a film? Bloody. Hell. I pay 5 quid in Milton Keynes and still think thats a rip off.

Anyway, Harry Potter tonight. MK Cineworld. I think the MK UCI is cheaper, but who cares, I like the pick and mix at the Cineworld. Plus I go so often 1 of the gate type people knows me and my mates names. Superb.
Sat 09/11/02 at 21:26
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I live about 20 seconds away from the indie one.
It rules.

Finally after having to put up with crappy Warwick Uni arts centre to watch decent films, I can go and see them when they are released for £3.80...

Hopefully I should be going to see Donnie Darko again with someone. The hopefully referring to the someone more than the film.

I saw Spiderman at a Warner Village in London and it cost me £7. Damn capitalists :-)
Sat 09/11/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Heh, hideous Warner vilklage I'm afraid, my Dad kindof booked tickets amd toldme when I was home. Not that I know abotu the other one anyway. Rarely go in to Cambridge to see them, being as I am incapable of getting there without some kind of parental intervention..
Sat 09/11/02 at 20:16
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Ken Brannagh ruled in Henry V.

'Nuff said.
Sat 09/11/02 at 19:34
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
fiƒi[oV] wrote:
> I went last night too with iguana, saw it in Cambridge

Ah but which cinema did you go to?

The cool indie cinema near Downing, or the hideous Warner village?
Sat 09/11/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I can't say I'm all that interested in seeing Harry Potter in his latest adventures at Hogwarts school for unused Roald Dahl characters.

I'll go see it at sometime since I don't actually pay for individual films thanks to the glorious UGC Unlimited card.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.