GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google Chrome [googles new browser]"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/08 at 20:43
Regular
Tue 09/09/08 at 07:55
Regular
"I like turtles"
I found it very good for displaying live streamed video watched on Windows Media Player.I watched the World Superbike races this weekend (as I usually do when its on) and it was perfect.These feeds stutter a lot in Internet Explorer and in Firefox half the screen keeps disappearing and I have to keep resetting the connection,but it was fine using Chrome.Other than that I don't like it much at all but for me its worth having on my system just for this feature.
Sun 07/09/08 at 11:09
"Was the man of marz"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I think the worrying problem is that nobody's really spotted any
> major problem yet. It's that old 'something for nothing' idea I
> think, people don't expect someone as big as google to do all
> this for free. If it catches on, they gain too much of a 'market
> share' etc, and end up CONTROLLING THE WORLD

Those dullards at news24 said a similar opinion, that they're taking over, so one day it won't be planet earth but just Google.

> But nah it probably won't catch on, but other browsers should
> hopefully improve for it. How bizarre for someone to have such
> confidence in their talent! No reason not to remain sceptical
> though, but well, that's the same for anything, it doesn't matter
> if it's free or if you pay for it.

If you really think another watered-down application is needed. Personally I have more respect for the developers trying to break corporation dominants.

> I came in here because I was gonna say I've had this BRILLIANT
> (read: what?) idea of doing WORK in google chrome, and FUN in
> Firefox. I'm not sure how this will work out but seems like a
> good idea, and maybe will help me focus a little because I'm a
> bit rubbish at that

I have a similar setup; Firefox portable on a memory stick, so that I'm more inclined to work when I'm away from my main system, but as of yet it hasn't worked.
Sun 07/09/08 at 02:19
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> I hope it never catches on anyway.
>
> Why is that Garin? I'm already seeing a lot of people adopting
> the browser as their default. Infact Im planning to recommend it
> to some of my friends and family. I'm worried you might have
> spotted something wrong that I didnt. :/

I think the worrying problem is that nobody's really spotted any major problem yet. It's that old 'something for nothing' idea I think, people don't expect someone as big as google to do all this for free. If it catches on, they gain too much of a 'market share' etc, and end up CONTROLLING THE WORLD

But nah it probably won't catch on, but other browsers should hopefully improve for it. How bizarre for someone to have such confidence in their talent! No reason not to remain sceptical though, but well, that's the same for anything, it doesn't matter if it's free or if you pay for it.

I came in here because I was gonna say I've had this BRILLIANT (read: what?) idea of doing WORK in google chrome, and FUN in Firefox. I'm not sure how this will work out but seems like a good idea, and maybe will help me focus a little because I'm a bit rubbish at that
Thu 04/09/08 at 14:07
"Was the man of marz"
Machie wrote:
> I also like that when something goes wrong I can just close the
> crashed tab. I dont know about the rest of you, but I've had
> plenty of moments where I've had to close/lose everything just
> because of something went wrong on one of the sites I was on.

Deepnet was good in that respect. Upon reopening the browser after a crash, you had the option of opening all the pages you where on again.
Thu 04/09/08 at 11:04
Regular
Garin wrote:
> I hope it never catches on anyway.

Why is that Garin? I'm already seeing a lot of people adopting the browser as their default. Infact Im planning to recommend it to some of my friends and family. I'm worried you might have spotted something wrong that I didnt. :/

I do like the ability to pull the tabs in and out. So I dont have to close a tab, open a new window and copy and paste the URL again.
Wed 03/09/08 at 23:13
Regular
I like that feature too so I don't have to bother looking at my bookmarks or using the history bar.

I also like that when something goes wrong I can just close the crashed tab. I dont know about the rest of you, but I've had plenty of moments where I've had to close/lose everything just because of something went wrong on one of the sites I was on.

I'm also impressed by how fast it is. I just might end up using as my second browser, perhaps my default if things improve.

I've been testing Chrome on Freeola and I'm noticing lots and lots of errors and problems rendering the pages. Luckily I could close the tab that had the problem without having to close the whole browser. This is going to give the staffies a real headache trying to fix all this mess, but they wont need to as Im only jesting. Although I'm still getting the horizontal bar like I do with firefox. Its because of that "domain names from just £2.99" box. I thought I was quite uptodate using 1024 x 768 but I guess I need to go bigger for Freeola. :(
Wed 03/09/08 at 20:03
Regular
I used it at work today. It's alright, very quick. I like that the start page has your last/most visited sites on it, but I think Opera had that?
Wed 03/09/08 at 18:51
Regular
"Freeola's Slave :)"
I keep meaning to try Google Chrome however I am too busy to download it as I have started college and whatnot. Has anyone tried it out? What is it like?
Tue 02/09/08 at 22:59
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
The Reaper wrote:
> Looks like a lite version of Firefox to me, I'll pass.

heh, i looked at it and thought "why this is just firefox for vegetarians"

we're not so similar you and I

*considers a wink. Decides against it*
Tue 02/09/08 at 22:02
Regular
Hmm I quite like it. Simply because it's really fast (and the Freeola sites seem more or less intact).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.