GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gta3 hardware probs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/11/02 at 20:24
Regular
I just got a Radeon 8500LE for £60 and have been having problems running GTA3

the framerate is fine but textures don't load (roads, buildings etc) and some objects are invisible (signs and steps, things like that)

I cant find any fixes on the internet, has anyone else had this problem

its a Hercules 3D Prophet 8500LE
Sun 10/11/02 at 11:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'm not even so sure about pulling it off on a GF3/4. The PS2 can do things that PCs just can't, that's why all the emulators suck so much.
Sat 09/11/02 at 13:38
Regular
"relocated"
Turbonutter wrote:
> GT3 would be more than a little difficult to pull off on a GeForce...

True, but that would have spoilt my rant!
Fri 08/11/02 at 19:42
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
GTA3 is a direct x 8 game and only runs in direct x

my framerate is smooth but only at 30fps
considering i can run Tony Hawks 3 at 70fps (a game i consider to be much more graphically advancd than GTA3) it is just not good enough
Fri 08/11/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
GT3 would be more than a little difficult to pull off on a GeForce...
Fri 08/11/02 at 18:59
Regular
"relocated"
Fog wrote:
> Can't be that good hardware if it doesn't run the way it should.

A geforce, ANY geforce, should be able to eat PS2 conversions for breakfast. It was badly optimised and, a year after the PS2 version, it still looked rushed. You couldn't even read the text on XP without a patch - how hard is THAT to get right?

So I stand by my comment: Rockstar deserve a horse whipping :)

And everybody else deserves a free copy of Vice City.
Fri 08/11/02 at 18:21
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Can't be that good hardware if it doesn't run the way it should.
Also the best thng he ever did was to not buy it on a PS2 as they suck more than crummy games! :p
Fri 08/11/02 at 14:49
Regular
"relocated"
Your main problem, of course, is not running the game on a PS2 :)

But seriously GTA3 is pretty buggy on PC. I remember reading a troubleshooting type guide in PC Gamer; not sure what issue, but probably the one with Unreal Tournament on the cover because that's the only I've bought recently. Maybe there's something on their website or forums.

I played a mates copy on PC and, jeez, Rockstar should be whooped upside the head (or similar) for releasing it in that state. Terrible, terrible framerate on great, great hardware.
Fri 08/11/02 at 07:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hm. Are you running in DirectX or OpenGL? Try running in the other mode.
Thu 07/11/02 at 20:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I just got a Radeon 8500LE for £60 and have been having problems running GTA3

the framerate is fine but textures don't load (roads, buildings etc) and some objects are invisible (signs and steps, things like that)

I cant find any fixes on the internet, has anyone else had this problem

its a Hercules 3D Prophet 8500LE

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.