GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hoe did u guys feel when u got this excellent piece of kit"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/12/00 at 01:41
Regular
I just cant wait to get one, at first i thought i was not gonna get one but that letter shall come through that letter box today.
Im sure loads of people feel the same way. They cant wait to open that box and shout out this is brilliant.
Well ill talk to u guys after playing my games.
Still cant wait.

Its gonna rock

WOO-HOO
Sat 09/12/00 at 19:08
Regular
I hope you can play all region DVDs, that`d be good. However, I thought that it was only possible with the earlier Japanese models to put in a cheat to make it use read all DVDs.
Fri 08/12/00 at 20:12
people say there are many ways to cheat the ps2 into playing any region dvd's ie when loading a dvd go into the browser (before pressing the close cd tray button) and press on the left stick down (with a PSX controller) close the dvd tray (still holding down L3) and wait till it load before letting go.
Fri 08/12/00 at 14:20
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Timesplitters - Average!!???? Sure it's not a mentally challanging game, but it goes back to it's roots - no switches et al - just out and out blasting.
If you haven't played it with a friend - try it!
Fri 08/12/00 at 13:30
I was forewarned about PPPS, Playstation Post Purchase Syndrome. And sure enough, a day after it arrived, the euphoria had given way to feelings of doubt and uncertainty. Largly because *I didn't have any bloody games to play*...which isn't a good situation for a games machine.

An expensive trip later I discovered that Timesplitters is a poor (barely average) example of the FPS genre, RRV is the same old low level flying-saucer game RR was and generaly the launch line-up was a dissapointment. However SSX and FIFA (and Fantavision for that matter) are real gems and saved the whole PS2 experience for me.

I look forward to seeing more games, but since I hardly own any Region 2 DVDs, my PS2 won't see much use for anything else (the RGB situation left a sour taste too).

So a mixed (and expensive) bag. Still, SSX is the dogs gonads.

Regards all,

Richard
Fri 08/12/00 at 13:22
Regular
"Whatever!"
After getting it on launch day I felt a great relief that after months and months of waiting I finally got it.

My hands were trembling as I opened the box and took out all the equipment. After hooking it up to the TV I spent about 15 minutes browsing the demo discs I got with the package and Official PS2 Mag. I didnt get any PS2 games untill Saturday morning so I played some PSOne titles.
Watched a DVD in the evening, The Blair Witch Project and was very impressed with the quality of the picture and sound.

Then came Saturday when I got my games, Tekken Tag and SSX. Have been playing it every day since and have purchased some new PSOne titles while I wait for some more PS2 games to come out.
Fri 08/12/00 at 13:11
Wish I knew.

I pre-ordered on the 17th September and am still waiting for my letter.

Jeez
Fri 08/12/00 at 12:58
How did i feel?

well, i've had my PS2 for about a week now, after much strife with the courier!

The first game a i tried was RRV wich is kinda ironic as RR was the first game i had when i got a PS1 all those years ago... RRV gave me the same excitement as the PS1 did... i think i spent the first 5 mins just watching the RRV intros thinking 'this is a first generation game!'

the only difference now... instead of a crappy 14" portable i have a 43" TV and 6 speakers get the message across!

mark
Fri 08/12/00 at 12:44
Gutted!!!!!

I got my machine home on launch day and it didn't recognise any discs! I called Sony and they arranged
a replacement which eventually arrived yesterday (8 days later than promised, after a cockup with their couriers).

I wasn't that p*ssed off because I just got back from a 10 day trip to Canada yesterday as well, which meant I couldn't have used it anyway!

It was a wonderful surprise coming home to find it here waiting!

I can safely say to all those still waiting, it is well
worth it. I also have a Dreamcast and a Geforce 2 equipped Pentium 3 PC, and the power of the PS2 relative to these is readily apparent. Even Ridge Racer V, which has for the most part recieved heavy criticism looks great to me, even when you compare it with Ridge Racer Type 4.

One note of criticism though is the DVD playback. On my television it looks awful. Maybe it's my TV (it's not he best but it is only 6 months old), but the picture is grainy and looks no better than what Cable TV looks like. Games using the RGB connection look great, clearer than Dreamcast which I connect also with an RGB SCART.
By comparison, DVD on my PC looks so much better. I wish they hadn't disabled RGB for DVD. I won't be using the PS2 for watching films as a result. Time for a Modchip to address this.
Fri 08/12/00 at 10:27
How do you know you are going to get your letter today?

Sony Better hurry and send me my Email!!!

I Pre-Ordered From Argos i have been told that all pre-

orders from argos will arrive before Christmas

When Will I get myEmail!!!!!!!!!!!AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Fri 08/12/00 at 09:49
"High polygon count"
How did I feel when I got my PS2?

I took it out of the box, welcomed it, hugged it, introduced it to the rest of the family, and made it feel at home.

And did I mention the little blue light?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.