GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What the butler saw"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/11/02 at 11:31
Regular
from http://news.bbc.co.uk

Burrell to host quiz show

Paul Burrell is being lined up to host a television quiz show called What the Butler Saw, according to his agent.
The former butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, will front the American programme looking at newspaper stories, social history, scandal and the royals, said his personal manager Dave Warwick.
This programme will be bigger than Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and The Weakest Link put together
The programme's creator, Stephen Leahy, said the idea fitted Mr Burrell "like a glove".
Details of the project emerged as the Mirror newspaper began publishing Mr Burrell's story, which it is understood to have bought for £300,000.
Mr Leahy said it was too soon to say how much the former butler may earn from What the Butler Saw.
He said the show would feature four contestants competing for a prize worth about £75,000.
Plans for the programme were revealed just days after the former butler was acquitted of stealing from Diana's estate, the Prince of Wales and Prince William.
Mr Leahy, chairman of TV firm Ludus Entertainment and one of the co-creators of The Krypton Factor, will begin talks with studio bosses in Los Angeles next week.
"Over there we are calling it Paul Burrell's What The Butler Saw because he is so well known," he said.

Show's concept

He said the idea for a social history quiz show had come first.
"We were looking at newspaper stories, social history, scandal and the royals - something different to the usual quiz questions.
"That seemed the perfect vehicle for Paul and his acquittal made him the perfect host."
Mr Leahy added that it was "a done deal" and the programme would be pitched to TV companies across the English-speaking world. "

Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke.
Thu 07/11/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
from http://news.bbc.co.uk

Burrell to host quiz show

Paul Burrell is being lined up to host a television quiz show called What the Butler Saw, according to his agent.
The former butler to Diana, Princess of Wales, will front the American programme looking at newspaper stories, social history, scandal and the royals, said his personal manager Dave Warwick.
This programme will be bigger than Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and The Weakest Link put together
The programme's creator, Stephen Leahy, said the idea fitted Mr Burrell "like a glove".
Details of the project emerged as the Mirror newspaper began publishing Mr Burrell's story, which it is understood to have bought for £300,000.
Mr Leahy said it was too soon to say how much the former butler may earn from What the Butler Saw.
He said the show would feature four contestants competing for a prize worth about £75,000.
Plans for the programme were revealed just days after the former butler was acquitted of stealing from Diana's estate, the Prince of Wales and Prince William.
Mr Leahy, chairman of TV firm Ludus Entertainment and one of the co-creators of The Krypton Factor, will begin talks with studio bosses in Los Angeles next week.
"Over there we are calling it Paul Burrell's What The Butler Saw because he is so well known," he said.

Show's concept

He said the idea for a social history quiz show had come first.
"We were looking at newspaper stories, social history, scandal and the royals - something different to the usual quiz questions.
"That seemed the perfect vehicle for Paul and his acquittal made him the perfect host."
Mr Leahy added that it was "a done deal" and the programme would be pitched to TV companies across the English-speaking world. "

Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke.
Thu 07/11/02 at 11:36
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
This would be a SMASH in the states!!! Heh. I'd tune in for the same reasons I'd watch Anna Nicole Smith's show; the sheer joy of watching something bowel-clenchingly horrific in cultural terms...
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Americans'll lap this up, The Daily Mail will get into a fury and most of the Big Brother watching cowpeople will tut dissaprovingly yet still watch saying "It's crap isn't it?".

I say press forward with the Celebrity Battle Royale.
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"His acquittal made him the perfect host."

And if he was guilty, it'd have been inappropriate?

*slaps forehead, slides hand down face*
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
> I say press forward with the Celebrity Battle Royale.

Ohhh, a dream. Noel Edmunds, Mr Blobby, Darren Day, Michale Barrymore etc all equiped with random weapons and put on an island? Cooooolllll.

Last one standing, and even then a little twist. Thay get lead straight to the gillotine
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:33
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
> I say press forward with the Celebrity Battle Royale.

How about Celebrity Running Man? Who wouldn't pay good money to see the likes of Barrymore, Kilroy, etc being hunted down by futuristic Bounty Hunters who still manage to look so 80's that they should be sponsored by Duran Duran?
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Yeah! And a special guest appearance by Mick Fleetwood!

"What happened to buzz saw?"
"He split"
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:48
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Gentlemen, we must buy a small Latin American country, install ourselves as puppet dictators and make it so.

Barrymore, Burrel, Alexander Walker, Piers Morgan, all winners of Big Brother, Geri Halliwell, Steps & Cilla Black.

1 Island, loads of cameras. And maybe some punji-stakes.

It would be the greatest show on earth
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> 1 Island, loads of cameras. And maybe some punji-stakes.

Excellent, i will set the traps, ive watched The Green Berets.
Thu 07/11/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cookie monster wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> 1 Island, loads of cameras. And maybe some punji-stakes.
>
> Excellent, i will set the traps, ive watched The Green Berets.

As long an I get to smear my excretement all over them

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.