GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko - my thoughts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/11/02 at 00:13
Regular
Never before has a film touched me like this. Its wierd, as i think i have liked it too much, and found it deeper than it should have been found. To start with it is filmed and edited beautifully, i especially loved the long shot following individual students down the corridor at the school, reminded me of a shot in Magnolia in the TV studio. The sped up sequences and occasional twisty camera work seem to fit in perfectly with the sureal flavour fo the film. The plot was baffling and perfectly understandable in equal meassures, everytime i think i get it sussed one of the friends that saw it with me says 'but...' and then i have to go through it again. I dont think you need to understand every single idea and word, but i'll damn well try to. The romance sub-plot (well, not sub-plot, as it is nesseccary to move the plot as a whole) was one of the things that struck me greatly, the performances of Donnie and Grechin were so realistic, it was almost as if i was 16 again, and she was damn cool. I cant believe it had such a small release in the UK, and compared to other films in the US a poor release there last year as it deserves better, an indie classic does not mean it cant be popular. I think everyone who reads this (if anyone) should go and see it RIGHT NOW, regardless of whether you actually want to, it is an amazing piece of goodness. I can only hope this film gets popular when its released on DVD/VHS, for the last day i have thought of little else. Its funny, disturbing, baffling and loveable. Give it a shot if you have not seen it
Sun 10/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
Donnie Darko is an incredible film that will have you thinking for days afterwards...

Genius independant film by Richard Kelly!
Fri 08/11/02 at 22:38
"Wa-wa-west"
I might go see this one, it sounds quite good, unlike some of the other rubbish that's on (*coughs*xXx*coughs*).
Fri 08/11/02 at 21:06
"possibly impossible"
I heard about this film, read some good reviews too and yes, it looks very good and not mainstream in its approach.

Nice summing up too, but please could you try to use paragraphs in future, it makes everything so much easier to read.
Wed 06/11/02 at 00:13
Never before has a film touched me like this. Its wierd, as i think i have liked it too much, and found it deeper than it should have been found. To start with it is filmed and edited beautifully, i especially loved the long shot following individual students down the corridor at the school, reminded me of a shot in Magnolia in the TV studio. The sped up sequences and occasional twisty camera work seem to fit in perfectly with the sureal flavour fo the film. The plot was baffling and perfectly understandable in equal meassures, everytime i think i get it sussed one of the friends that saw it with me says 'but...' and then i have to go through it again. I dont think you need to understand every single idea and word, but i'll damn well try to. The romance sub-plot (well, not sub-plot, as it is nesseccary to move the plot as a whole) was one of the things that struck me greatly, the performances of Donnie and Grechin were so realistic, it was almost as if i was 16 again, and she was damn cool. I cant believe it had such a small release in the UK, and compared to other films in the US a poor release there last year as it deserves better, an indie classic does not mean it cant be popular. I think everyone who reads this (if anyone) should go and see it RIGHT NOW, regardless of whether you actually want to, it is an amazing piece of goodness. I can only hope this film gets popular when its released on DVD/VHS, for the last day i have thought of little else. Its funny, disturbing, baffling and loveable. Give it a shot if you have not seen it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.