GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the ring (v.short review)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/11/02 at 00:08
Regular
Well I heard nothing but good things about this film, a 'new six sense' was how it was described.

Indeed there is a lot of rather worrying sequences, and it really builds up a nice nasty atmosphere, and then drops you like a stone with a 'too difficult to believe' ending.

The whole idea of a video that kills you intrigued me, and it did deliver for most of the time, until it tried too hard and inevitably failed to provide the viewer with a decent ending. There is a twist, but by the end you don't care.

less than impressive.
Wed 06/11/02 at 00:08
Regular
Well I heard nothing but good things about this film, a 'new six sense' was how it was described.

Indeed there is a lot of rather worrying sequences, and it really builds up a nice nasty atmosphere, and then drops you like a stone with a 'too difficult to believe' ending.

The whole idea of a video that kills you intrigued me, and it did deliver for most of the time, until it tried too hard and inevitably failed to provide the viewer with a decent ending. There is a twist, but by the end you don't care.

less than impressive.
Wed 06/11/02 at 20:50
Hmmm....I thought Sixth Sense was well after Ring but I could be wrong.

Nice name though Dave.
Fri 08/11/02 at 20:44
"possibly impossible"
This may have been the American remake (pah!) of the cult Jap film.
Thu 14/11/02 at 23:45
Regular
yeah pb I believe it is, but I hope the jap version was better
Fri 15/11/02 at 08:12
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
It is the remake, and I hope to buy the original version on DVD soon. You can get it cheap off Play.com

And they're making a USA remake of Battle Royale. That is gonna suck.
Fri 15/11/02 at 08:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I thought the original Japanese version was rubbish.
No atmosphere, no chills, no thrills.
Just some boring stuff down a well where nothing happened.
Mon 18/11/02 at 13:30
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
Hey i brought that one up you idiots!
can't get any good i deers eh?
Gotta steal em off some hotshot newbie eh?
meah meah ya shee meah!
Mon 18/11/02 at 13:30
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
and it's called "Ring" no the (meffs.......)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.