GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Richard Hammond critically ill"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/09/06 at 22:22
"possibly impossible"
Top Gear star Richard Hammond was rushed to hospital after an accident filming one of the latest Top Gear shows. He was apparently driving a new jet-powered car when it overturned.

The BBC news site records his condition as 'critical' and he is currently being checked in a special neurological unit. He was unconcious when the ambulance got to the scene.
Fri 29/09/06 at 14:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
He's moved hospitals and is expected to make a full recovery in about 6 months which is great news!
Sun 24/09/06 at 11:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think that would be expected though, it'd shock the hell out of me! I'm amazed at the recovery he's suppoesedly making, walking around (Albeit shakily) 30 hours after a huge crash like that is really quite something; let's hope the good news keeps on coming!
Sat 23/09/06 at 20:26
Regular
"tut tut tsk tsk etc"
Its seems hes fine-ish now, walking about and talking. No memory of the event, mind...
Fri 22/09/06 at 10:24
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The latest is he has a significant brain injury which is causing concern and the doctors are reasonable optimistic of him making a good recovery.

From the way it's sounding unfortunately it seems to be suggesting if he pulls through he will have some form of brain damage.
Thu 21/09/06 at 16:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think it's safe to say that everyone's hoping he'll pull through, and in addition, Top Gear will continue... hopefully not in a guise made devoid of anything fun by the HSE.

One of the worst accidents possible, I guess this underlines the fact Top Gear gets very risky at times in the name of kick-ass entertainment.
Thu 21/09/06 at 10:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I don't know whether he'll carry on if he makes a full recovery and it's bound to make the producers of the show think about what to do in the future.

He was trying to break the UK land speed record when he crashed and apparently in one of his previous attempts he managed to do it.
Thu 21/09/06 at 09:38
Regular
Oh dear :( so do you think his days on Top Gear are over? I guess this is going to make them reconsider how they do the show.
Thu 21/09/06 at 09:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Reports say he's improved overnight but is still critical.

The worrying thing is that he's in a neurological unit which suggests he's got head injuries.
Thu 21/09/06 at 08:33
"possibly impossible"
His status is now 'stable' but he's still in a bad way apparently.

He was trying to break the land speed record and was reported as possibly doing around 300mph before he crashed.
Wed 20/09/06 at 22:32
Regular
Oh dear I hope he's alright and it's not to serious but then I dont like the word "critical" :/

Oh and he lives near Cheltenham

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.