GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official PS2 Magazine"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/12/00 at 11:39
Regular
Has anyone got the Official Playstation 2 Magazine yet? I believe it was out this week but havent seen it anywhere!!
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:36
Regular
PSM2 seems the most reliable to me.
Mon 11/12/00 at 14:46
Regular
Whoops, forgot the necessary : ).

Which means I'm only joking, don't take it seriously... : )
Mon 11/12/00 at 14:45
Regular
And to quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail...

"I bet you're gay."
Mon 11/12/00 at 14:18
Don't like it myself. I'll stick with PSM2 and P2 Magazine.

OPSM is expensive and the cover-mounts (demo CD) have so far been dissapointing. The developer interviews and news sections are the best thing in it IMO. Though they hardly have anything in there you haven't read already either online or in other mags. Plus the previews and reviews are a bit too mushy for my tastes (coming from a publishing background I know the kind of politics that goes on in this regard).

As for the picture of Jolie, OK so she has her legs apart, so what? What do you expect to see up there? The hanging gardens of Babylon perhaps? I tell yer, I'd say to her, "Shut yer legs woman and get your meat away from me chips, I'm trying to eat damnit!" :-)

Regards all,

Richard
Mon 11/12/00 at 08:06
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
its out today( i just biught a copy) but there only seems to be one playable demo which is TTT
Sat 09/12/00 at 18:44
Regular
Have you read PSM2?

Its a great mag, (though it lacks a demo). Its mostly a PS2 mag, but reviews some PSone games and DVDs at the back.

Its helped me make some good decisions such as buying SSX and TimeSplitters.

Also, its review scores utilise the full 100% range properly rather than giving all games 60%min.

However I think the Official one sounds good to, (I used to buy the old PSone official mag sometimes), though I`m sorry to here the demo was disappointing.
Sat 09/12/00 at 16:23
Regular
"Whatever!"
Must say it was a strange decision to have only Tekken Tag on the demo disc. I would rather there be two or three movie previews of new games coming out seeing as TTT is one of the PS2 best sellers, very odd that!!!
As for that picture of Angelina Jolie, WOW!!!
Sat 09/12/00 at 00:45
"High polygon count"
I'll be perfectly honest - I'm pretty miffed with the demo disc.

The *only* thing on it is a playable and rolling demo of Tekken Tag Tournament!

I'm sorry - I know Tekken Tag is a great game, but I already have it! As, I suspect, to about 80% of the people who are fortunate to already have their machine!

Dedicating an entire disc to one game, especially one that most PS2 owners will already have, is - in my humble opinion - a complete and utter waste.

The fact that we have to pay extra for a demo disc is bad enough, but to pay extra for just *one* demo is unacceptable.

Don't get me wrong - I do enjoy the demo discs (usually), and I am grateful for them. But my opinion is that a demo disc is essentially a collection of adverts for the games it contains. As such, I believe that they should be funded by the software companies, not the magazine readers.

True, no-one is making me buy the magazines, but I want an official source of information, so I will always buy them, and tolerate the extra expense of the discs. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it!

Okay, well with the rant over... the mag itself is excellent. There are large articles about MGS2 and ZOE, and another about World Rally Championships 2001 - which looks like it could be the Gran Turismo of rally games. Yes, really.

Oh, and there's a cracking picture of the lovely Angelina Jolie on page 70!
Sat 09/12/00 at 00:24
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
hehe.

I will be geeting mine soon.

Whats the demo like, any good?
Fri 08/12/00 at 23:05
"High polygon count"
Ha! Would you believe it?!

I arrived home from work this evening to find my subscription copy of Official PS2 Magazine had turned up after I left this morning! Typical!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.