GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nathan Norman"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/12/00 at 22:07
Regular
My friend (With the same first name as me) has had a letter printed in Nintendo Official Magazine's 100th issue!

My friend Mark Reece won a game from them ages ago and had another letter printed in 2 seperate issues!
(Although he only got Michael Owens World Leage Soccer 199? and said it was the worst game he's ever played)

Nathan Norman is 16 and he reads NOM!
And my other friend Mark is 16 in a few days and he still reads it!

Now who said only kids read it?...
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:07
Regular
My friend (With the same first name as me) has had a letter printed in Nintendo Official Magazine's 100th issue!

My friend Mark Reece won a game from them ages ago and had another letter printed in 2 seperate issues!
(Although he only got Michael Owens World Leage Soccer 199? and said it was the worst game he's ever played)

Nathan Norman is 16 and he reads NOM!
And my other friend Mark is 16 in a few days and he still reads it!

Now who said only kids read it?...
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:09
Regular
Me.

: )
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:20
"High polygon count"
> Nathan Norman is 16 and he reads NOM!
> And my other friend Mark is 16 in a few days and he still reads it!
>
> Now who said only kids read it?...

16? They are kids!

I think the original argument was that it seemd to be written by kids, not read by them!

But I've never read it, so what the hell do I know! :-)
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:24
Regular
16 is mid teens!

Kids are children at a young age! Just over tots! (See shoe shops)

Anyway the writers of NOM are not kids! They write in a way for all ages to understand! They aren't age discriminant!
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
NOM sucks, big time. I subscibed to it a while ago, but it was just way too childish. I'm not happy about a 6-page review containg about 50 words on the first two pages, because they are taken up by some huge artictic picture. This happened A LOT in NOM.
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:31
Regular
Screenshots mean a better look at games, not childness!
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:33
Regular
Plus I'd rather read a well written review which is understandable for all ages (some people have learning difficulties and appreciate this format) with big pictures which back up the review then something long and boring which has been dragged out to fill the page with writing!
Wed 06/12/00 at 22:57
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I have no prolem with Screenshots!
It's huge two-page pictures I have a problem with.
Like the sort of pic you get on the fornt of a game case.
A total waste of space - doesn't tell you anything and gets accomanaied by about 50 words.

If you've read NOM in the last year, you'll know what I mean.
Wed 06/12/00 at 23:04
Regular
I got issue 100 today!

What you're talking about is the page which has the list of reviews in the mag!

It shows the picture of the first game reviewed on the first double page with a short paragraph about the game followed by the page numbers of other games reviewed. Then on the next page it's proper reviews!
Wed 06/12/00 at 23:57
Regular
"smile, it's free"
nooooooo not unless it's changed in tha last few months sicne my subscription expired. I'm talking about actual reviews with these waste-of-space pages in, it often happened at least 3 times in one issue.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.