GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Pad??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/12/00 at 17:40
Regular
Hi Guys,

Im gonna get the sony joy pad but I also wanna get another one too.

What one do you guys like?

I was thinking on geeting the Anologue Controler Plus from Joytech, anyone esle got that one?

Thanks.
Fri 08/12/00 at 11:22
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Personally I'd stick to the Sony pads.... I know they're more expensive but the quality is vastly superior to the 3rd party ones.
Thu 07/12/00 at 11:43
"High polygon count"
Depends on what type of 'cordless' you mean.

If you mean Infra Red, then I wouldn't bother. I've never had any IR stuff for the PS, but I have used IR peripherals on other machines (CDTV, PC etc.), and they're not like your average TV remote that works from any angle.

You usually have to keep them pointed almost exactly at the receiver, and that's not a good thing when a game gets a bit frantic.

If you're talking 'radio control', then they should be better, with next to no lag, but I've never used any.

Also, consider the price of batteries, and the fact that you run the risk of your controller dying on you at a crucial part of the game! :-)
Thu 07/12/00 at 11:30
Anyone tried cordless joypads? I quite fancy getting them but wonder if there is a slight delay compared to wired joypads.
Thu 07/12/00 at 07:23
I only buy officail items, I'd just get another official pad
Wed 06/12/00 at 20:20
"High polygon count"
Are you getting a multi-tap?

If not, why do you want 'another' joypad? If you're going to buy a Sony one, and there's one in with the console, why get a third?

Still, whatever your reasons, I'd buy two Sony pads.

General opinion is that there isn't really a worthy substitute to the Sony pads, so why compromise?
Wed 06/12/00 at 17:40
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Hi Guys,

Im gonna get the sony joy pad but I also wanna get another one too.

What one do you guys like?

I was thinking on geeting the Anologue Controler Plus from Joytech, anyone esle got that one?

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.