GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am i Right"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/12/00 at 14:50
Regular
Have i got this right.
Php pages are stored in the htdocs folder.
Must end with the sufix php instead of htm (html).
If i have got this correct is it possible to set up a form mail script using php if so where can i get the script examples to use or just work from.
Thanx
Thu 04/01/01 at 15:07
My site at www.xeroxcorp.co.uk uses a script that allows anyone to be anyone and send to anyone. Try it - but be carefull. Inappropriate use is not my problem (e.g. sellers of baseball bats don't get sued by people who got their shop broke into). I'm working on a version that includes uploads, but it's even more dangerous because potentially you could send an e-mail from one member of staff of a company to another with inappropriate material in it. It would be impossible to say who actually sent it and the accused sender would be deep in the murkey unless they really knew the web backwards.
Wed 03/01/01 at 21:29
thanx very usefull
Wed 03/01/01 at 14:20
See :
"http://www.phpwizard.net/resources/phpMisc/scripts/pretty/mail.php3"

for a full mail example with attachments!
Tue 02/01/01 at 16:48
Regular
I'll be doing some e-mail stuff shortly, but as I say (below) there's no guarantee it'll work because it's impossible to say what's been switched off.
Tue 02/01/01 at 16:46
Regular
On the up-side, you can still upload straight through company Firewalls!
Tue 02/01/01 at 16:45
Regular
One of the problems with PHP is not PHP but the way it's been implemented. Many features have been stoned because of security issues. In my PHP book it start of with the installation of mySQL (not supported by freeola by they say they may do in future at a charge). PHP is hard to do on Freeola not because it's hard, but because you can only tell what's possible if you manage to get it working. What's been disabled hasn't been documented. For example as part of support Freeola offers a link to "the manual for PHP". In the manual it says:

What can PHP do?

Perhaps the strongest and most significant feature in PHP is its support for a wide range of databases. Writing a database-enabled web page is incredibly simple. The following databases are currently supported:

Adabas D InterBase PostgreSQL
dBase FrontBase Solid
Empress mSQL Sybase
FilePro (read-only) Direct MS-SQL Velocis
IBM DB2 MySQL Unix dbm
Informix ODBC
Ingres Oracle (OCI7 and OCI8)

... but not on Freeola

Tue 02/01/01 at 02:40
Thanx for all your help
Wed 06/12/00 at 14:50
Have i got this right.
Php pages are stored in the htdocs folder.
Must end with the sufix php instead of htm (html).
If i have got this correct is it possible to set up a form mail script using php if so where can i get the script examples to use or just work from.
Thanx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.