GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EEGAD - Flash"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 15:19
Regular
I see Tony has got a EEGAD going to make some Games in Flash (or Java).

I wouldn't mind giving this a go, but don't know much about making Flash games.

Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction for any online tutors or recommend any of the many Flash books I've seen listed at amazon.co.uk

Also, how hard do you think it would be to learn flash??

Finally, is it able to work with thinks like PHP? So say I had an online Flash form, could I send the data to a PHP script as I would a regular HTML Form??

Thanks for any help :o)
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:19
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I see Tony has got a EEGAD going to make some Games in Flash (or Java).

I wouldn't mind giving this a go, but don't know much about making Flash games.

Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction for any online tutors or recommend any of the many Flash books I've seen listed at amazon.co.uk

Also, how hard do you think it would be to learn flash??

Finally, is it able to work with thinks like PHP? So say I had an online Flash form, could I send the data to a PHP script as I would a regular HTML Form??

Thanks for any help :o)
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Flash ActionScript is just JavaScript with different objects. Do you know JS?
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:30
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Yep
Sat 02/11/02 at 22:43
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm gona say that Flash is rather hard to do...

It looks rather tedius too!
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It is. I'll probably wait a bit and see what I'm up against before I waste 2 weeks of my life on it! When does it close?
Sun 03/11/02 at 09:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Seems like most people are just finding other peoples work anyway, + I think it's in the wrong forum :p
Doub anyone will make anything of their own, probably just steal other people's code and/or other people's already made games and try to pass them off as their own.

Flash isn't really hard, it just gets frustrating when it's supposed to do something but doesn't..heh, just me?
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:34
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, I wouldn't mind learning how to make some Flashy things anyway, I just saw this little compo as a starting point.

Flash just works if the user has the plug-in right??? Nothing special needs to be on the Server I presume. So my Freeola Space would be fine for is?
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I might try making something of my own, but it hardly seems worth the effort as Tonty has got loads of links to plunder already! They haven't really set the competition up right - is it for coding skills, graphics skills, gameplay, or just however many links you can find? Seems like a bit of a big con to me, just to get loads of links without doing any work.
Sun 03/11/02 at 12:53
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I thought he wanted you to make a game, that was it.
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:32
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Fog wrote:
> Doub anyone will make anything of their own,

I did :) Although they're crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.