GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW Do or Die - CAW Title Match - The Cong Man vs The Psychiatrist (c)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/11/02 at 14:23
Regular
“It Began in Afrika-ka-ka-ka” The Cong Man’s music hits and as his rather hairy figure emerges from beneath the Reserve-tron a decent crowd pop goes up, befitting the fact that he has once again become something of a crowd favourite in recent months. Surprising Cong has emerged without his usual entourage, no Hawk, no Scotty The Doggy and no Team Cong. He has a look of seriousness etched across his face, I don’t think we’ve ever seen him looking this serious, he must be determined to become the first ever two-time CAW champion.

“Tell me...what is on your mind?” The Psychiatrist’s familiar theme music hits and he too gets a decent reception from the intelligent crowd here in the special reserve arena. It is apparent that they appreciate good wrestlers, not just who the crowd favourites are this week. The make-shift commentary team of Jim Ross and Tazz discuss the fact that this will be a straight up traditional rules wrestling match, no weapons, no barbed wire and no ‘zany’ stipulations. Something, which they feel is in the favour of the psychiatrist. But they point out that Cong’s fundamental grounding in the rings of Japan and Mexico mean that he cannot be underestimated.

Referee Brian Hebner gets the formalities out of the way and calls for the bell. Straight away the Cong Man dives for the psychiatrists foot, somewhat reminiscent of Sabu. But the Psyché had that well scouted and kicks the Cong Man straight in the head! Early cover form The Psychiatrist, but the Cong Man kicks out before an out of position Hebner has chance to get down and start counting! Psychiatrist gets straight up and goes for a falling headbutt but Cong is already out of the way and he scores straight away with a drop-kick to the side of his downed opponent’s head! Cover from Cong but Psyché gets the shoulder up at one. Both men back to their feet, front face-lock from Cong, he goes for a suplex, but The CAW champion gets a block in a goes for a suplex of his own, he gets Cong up, but Cong escapes and comes down with a waistlock. German suplex, NO BRIDGE, ALL IMPACT! Cong Man just folded up the Psychiatrist like an accordion!

Cong elects not to go for a cover though, instead he rolls to the outside and grabs a chair out from underneath some spotty oik in the front row. Cong rolls back in just as the Psychiatrist is getting back to his knees, Cong winds up for a huge chair shot...but referee Brian Hebner grabs the chair out of Cong’s hand, LOW BLOW!!! The Psychiatrist did that just as Brian Hebner turned around, the ref didn’t see a thing. Psyché quickly follows up locking Cong in a front face lock and getting him verticle, delayed verticle suplex, The Psychiatrist letting all the blood rush to Cong’s head and BRAINBUSTER!!! That was brutal! He dropped The Hardcore Gorilla right on his head! The CAW champion quickly follows up with a lateral press, this one is over! 1...2...KICK OUT!!! How did Cong get out of that?!? The Psychiatrist didn’t hook the leg! Will that come back to haunt him?

The Psychiatrist (MikeAll) is beginning to look frustrated. He pulls cong back to his feet and Irish whips him off the ropes. As Cong comes back the reigning CAW champion goes for an arm drag take-over but Cong lands on his feet and holds on, as momentum carries both men towards the edge of the ring, Cong goes for an arm drag of his own and ends up launching the Psychiatrist all the way over the top rope and to the floor! Psyché hits hard and momentum carries him straight into the protective barrier around ringside! OUCH! The Cong Man quickly follows the Psychiatrist to the outside and pulls him up by his hair, before throwing him over the barrier and into the front row.

As those fortunate enough to have front-row seats for what is becoming a classic CAW encounter scatter out of the way, the Cong Man pulls a table out from underneath the ring and holds it in a suplex position. As The Psychiatrist gets back to his feet, Cong suplexes the table over the barrier and on to The Psychiatrists head! Shades of The Sandman there! Cong now jump over the barrier himself and sets up the table! The Psychiatrist is soon laying prone on the table and Cong nails a couple of right hands to his head before jumping back over the barrier.

En route back to the ring, the Cong Man picks up the chair which Brian Hebner confiscated from him earlier. Back in the ring, Cong sets up the chair just in front of the ropes on the side of the ring nearest the Psychiatrist. Cong now runs off the ropes...jumps first onto the chiar...then on to the ropes...and...OH MY GOD!!! SUICIDE DIVE THROUGH THE TABLE!!! They’re both dead!!! Referee Brian Hebner looks stunned for a couple of seconds, before he begins to put the count to both men! Wait though, Cong is stirring and so is The Psychiatrist. They both stagger over the barrier and under the bottom rope at the count of 8. Both men are in the ring and on their knees and they begin trading blows!

Right hand from The Psychiatrist, then he blocks a right hand from the Cong Man. Cong goes down and the Psychiatrist scampers up to the top rope. He signals to the crowd and PSYCHOANA...NO! Cong rolled out the way at the last possible second. Both men are now down on the canvas absolutely exhausted! Referee Brian Hebner begins to put the ten count to both men, but Cong rolls over and has his hand across The CAW champion’s chest...1...2...but the psychiatrist’s left shoulder shoots off the canvas!

Both men get back to their feet albeit on slightly wobbly legs. Psychiatrist regains his composure first and runs off the ropes, but Cong reacts quickly with a snap-powerslam! The impact leaves the Psychiatrist in the sitting up position, but absolutely stunned. Cong quickly positions himself behind and locks in a full-nelson, he then steps over and has The Psychiatrist in the Banana Skin! The Psychiatrist screams in pain!

Oh no, look, on he ramp! Here comes Grandprix! GP races to ringside and gets on the apron. Brian Hebner sees him coming though and stops him getting in the ring. The Psychiatrist is signalling that he wants to give it up! But the referee hasn’t seen it! He’s too busy with GP!!! Cong breaks the hold and angrily goes over to the ref, he shoves him out of the way but GP catches him with a neckbreaker down across the ropes! Cong Man staggers back around and straight into the Psychiatrist who quickly gets Cong in position for a piledriver, he pauses, locks the hands and...CRADLE PILEDRIVER!!! 1...2...thr...NO!!! At quite literally the very last possible second the Cong Man rolls the shoulder!

Here comes the cavalry!!! Sotty The Doggy (Figo) and Hawk (AfroJoe) runs down to ringside and begin brawling with Grandprix! As they fight to the back the Cong Man hits a doctor bomb on The Psychiatrist! Cong quickly goes to the corner and jumps to the top rope. He perches waiting for the Psychiatrist to get back up...and as he does Cong launches himself with a perect double axehandle from the top. Psyché goes down, but The Cong Man also goes down clutching his knee! Both men are down again and this time referee Brian Hebner is worriedly talking to Cong who is clutching that knee and seems to be in considerable pain.

This gives the Psychiatrist time to regain his composure and seeing that Cong is obviously in pain he goes over and locks in a single leg Boston crab! The Cong Man is screaming in pain! But he refuses to give it up and begins to slowly crawl to the ropes. The Psychiatrist (MikeAll) can’t stop Cong who eventually grabs a hold of the bottom rope and Brian Hebner calls for the break

Psychiatrist grabs Cong by the hair and whips him off the ropes. Cong is visibly limping though. As he comes back off the ropes the Psychiatrist his a drop toe hold and comes up with an ankle-pick. Again Cong is screaming in pain, but he manages to turn it over and grab the Psychiatrist...Small Package! 1...2...3!!! NEW CAW CHAMPION!!!!

“Ladies and gentlemen, your winner of the match and new CAW CHAMPION...THE CONG MAN!!!”
Cong doesn’t look much like a winner right now though as he lies on the canvas screaming in pain and clutching at his knee. The Psychiatrist who has been standing in the ring looking stunned, suddenly turns and begins stopping Cong, before locking Cong’s obviously injured leg in an Indian death-lock!!! Referees and Road Agents suddenly flood the ring and drag the Psychiatrist away. A medical team comes to ring side and load Cong onto a stretcher. Cong is carried to the back with his newly won title draped across him, to the sound of a standing ovation. But what kind of condition is he in? We’ll bring you more as soon as we hear anything...

Later in the show, our cameras find SRW’s chief medical officer, Luigi Sickness, outside the medical room. “Luigi can you give us an update on The Cong Man’s condition?”. “Why, yes, I can...The Cong Man was taken straight to a local medical facility where they performed a scan on his knee. He has snapped two of the three ligaments in his right knee and torn the cartilage. He will be going in to surgery tomorrow to have them repaired.”. “ So how long before we see our new CAW champion in action again?”. “This type of injury usually takes six months to recover from and then he is likely to need another six months of rehab before we see him back in the ring.”. The interviewer looks stunned.

So there you have it. A new CAW champion, but he is now out injured for a whole year! What will Reaver do about the CAW title. Can SRW survive without one of it’s brightest stars? Only one way to find out folks. Stay tuned to SRW wrestling!!!
Fri 15/11/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Where's SR?"
If I had to lose at least I did as much damage to Cong Man as possible. I might heal minds but I don't mind destroying my opponent's body. Great match. Especially the table suplex.
Sun 03/11/02 at 16:00
Regular
Great match and the outcome it deserved, although it poses a lot of questions, what with Cong being out for a year. I always thought we should have done a 'Who shot Cong' storyline or a 'whodunnit' thing, that could have played out over a long period of time.

Or maybe I've been watching too much Dallas again.
Sun 03/11/02 at 14:55
Regular
Ah right Cong, I knew you had been busy. Good, to see you'll still be posting.
Sun 03/11/02 at 10:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
The Psychiatrist (MikeAll)'s amazing 4-month title run has come to an end thanks to a terrific performance, and even I, Reaver, can admit that Cong Man deserved the victory.

And just as Ant, I can admit what a great match that was. :D It was a good length, had some interferences that although played their part didn't really affect the final outcome, and a fantastic suicide dive through a table which lead this, the official 'best line or SRW Do or Die':

"They’re both dead!!!"

LOL! :D Made me laugh anyway.

Also, this gives me a lot of choices over the CAW Title...Eclipse up in an hour or so people.
Sat 02/11/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think giving yourself the win here Cong was justified. It will be interesting to see how Reaver handles this on Eclipse.
Sat 02/11/02 at 18:23
Regular
"..."
Leaving? I've been gone since September, but I still find time to post when uni workload isn't too much. I didn't actually want to write myself a win in this match, but felt that the CAW title picture had become a bit stale...so a bit of controversy and confusion should shake things up a bit...
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:50
Regular
Excellante Cong Man! Some great moves pulled off there by both competitos, but especially Cong with that Suicide Dive through the table. Good stuff

When are you going away Cong exactly? Not that we want you to leave of course :D

So what will Reaver do about the CAW title? Lets give to DaGroover! :D
Sat 02/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
YAY! A match from Cong Man again! :-)

Excellent stuff - you're just making us all unhappy, leaving, especially when you can produce greatness like that. :-D

A very controversial ending to a brilliant match too. I wonder what Reaver will do with the Championship now that there isn't going to be any holder of it for 6 months. A tournament for it perhaps? ;-)

Great stuff, Congie!
Sat 02/11/02 at 14:23
Regular
"..."
“It Began in Afrika-ka-ka-ka” The Cong Man’s music hits and as his rather hairy figure emerges from beneath the Reserve-tron a decent crowd pop goes up, befitting the fact that he has once again become something of a crowd favourite in recent months. Surprising Cong has emerged without his usual entourage, no Hawk, no Scotty The Doggy and no Team Cong. He has a look of seriousness etched across his face, I don’t think we’ve ever seen him looking this serious, he must be determined to become the first ever two-time CAW champion.

“Tell me...what is on your mind?” The Psychiatrist’s familiar theme music hits and he too gets a decent reception from the intelligent crowd here in the special reserve arena. It is apparent that they appreciate good wrestlers, not just who the crowd favourites are this week. The make-shift commentary team of Jim Ross and Tazz discuss the fact that this will be a straight up traditional rules wrestling match, no weapons, no barbed wire and no ‘zany’ stipulations. Something, which they feel is in the favour of the psychiatrist. But they point out that Cong’s fundamental grounding in the rings of Japan and Mexico mean that he cannot be underestimated.

Referee Brian Hebner gets the formalities out of the way and calls for the bell. Straight away the Cong Man dives for the psychiatrists foot, somewhat reminiscent of Sabu. But the Psyché had that well scouted and kicks the Cong Man straight in the head! Early cover form The Psychiatrist, but the Cong Man kicks out before an out of position Hebner has chance to get down and start counting! Psychiatrist gets straight up and goes for a falling headbutt but Cong is already out of the way and he scores straight away with a drop-kick to the side of his downed opponent’s head! Cover from Cong but Psyché gets the shoulder up at one. Both men back to their feet, front face-lock from Cong, he goes for a suplex, but The CAW champion gets a block in a goes for a suplex of his own, he gets Cong up, but Cong escapes and comes down with a waistlock. German suplex, NO BRIDGE, ALL IMPACT! Cong Man just folded up the Psychiatrist like an accordion!

Cong elects not to go for a cover though, instead he rolls to the outside and grabs a chair out from underneath some spotty oik in the front row. Cong rolls back in just as the Psychiatrist is getting back to his knees, Cong winds up for a huge chair shot...but referee Brian Hebner grabs the chair out of Cong’s hand, LOW BLOW!!! The Psychiatrist did that just as Brian Hebner turned around, the ref didn’t see a thing. Psyché quickly follows up locking Cong in a front face lock and getting him verticle, delayed verticle suplex, The Psychiatrist letting all the blood rush to Cong’s head and BRAINBUSTER!!! That was brutal! He dropped The Hardcore Gorilla right on his head! The CAW champion quickly follows up with a lateral press, this one is over! 1...2...KICK OUT!!! How did Cong get out of that?!? The Psychiatrist didn’t hook the leg! Will that come back to haunt him?

The Psychiatrist (MikeAll) is beginning to look frustrated. He pulls cong back to his feet and Irish whips him off the ropes. As Cong comes back the reigning CAW champion goes for an arm drag take-over but Cong lands on his feet and holds on, as momentum carries both men towards the edge of the ring, Cong goes for an arm drag of his own and ends up launching the Psychiatrist all the way over the top rope and to the floor! Psyché hits hard and momentum carries him straight into the protective barrier around ringside! OUCH! The Cong Man quickly follows the Psychiatrist to the outside and pulls him up by his hair, before throwing him over the barrier and into the front row.

As those fortunate enough to have front-row seats for what is becoming a classic CAW encounter scatter out of the way, the Cong Man pulls a table out from underneath the ring and holds it in a suplex position. As The Psychiatrist gets back to his feet, Cong suplexes the table over the barrier and on to The Psychiatrists head! Shades of The Sandman there! Cong now jump over the barrier himself and sets up the table! The Psychiatrist is soon laying prone on the table and Cong nails a couple of right hands to his head before jumping back over the barrier.

En route back to the ring, the Cong Man picks up the chair which Brian Hebner confiscated from him earlier. Back in the ring, Cong sets up the chair just in front of the ropes on the side of the ring nearest the Psychiatrist. Cong now runs off the ropes...jumps first onto the chiar...then on to the ropes...and...OH MY GOD!!! SUICIDE DIVE THROUGH THE TABLE!!! They’re both dead!!! Referee Brian Hebner looks stunned for a couple of seconds, before he begins to put the count to both men! Wait though, Cong is stirring and so is The Psychiatrist. They both stagger over the barrier and under the bottom rope at the count of 8. Both men are in the ring and on their knees and they begin trading blows!

Right hand from The Psychiatrist, then he blocks a right hand from the Cong Man. Cong goes down and the Psychiatrist scampers up to the top rope. He signals to the crowd and PSYCHOANA...NO! Cong rolled out the way at the last possible second. Both men are now down on the canvas absolutely exhausted! Referee Brian Hebner begins to put the ten count to both men, but Cong rolls over and has his hand across The CAW champion’s chest...1...2...but the psychiatrist’s left shoulder shoots off the canvas!

Both men get back to their feet albeit on slightly wobbly legs. Psychiatrist regains his composure first and runs off the ropes, but Cong reacts quickly with a snap-powerslam! The impact leaves the Psychiatrist in the sitting up position, but absolutely stunned. Cong quickly positions himself behind and locks in a full-nelson, he then steps over and has The Psychiatrist in the Banana Skin! The Psychiatrist screams in pain!

Oh no, look, on he ramp! Here comes Grandprix! GP races to ringside and gets on the apron. Brian Hebner sees him coming though and stops him getting in the ring. The Psychiatrist is signalling that he wants to give it up! But the referee hasn’t seen it! He’s too busy with GP!!! Cong breaks the hold and angrily goes over to the ref, he shoves him out of the way but GP catches him with a neckbreaker down across the ropes! Cong Man staggers back around and straight into the Psychiatrist who quickly gets Cong in position for a piledriver, he pauses, locks the hands and...CRADLE PILEDRIVER!!! 1...2...thr...NO!!! At quite literally the very last possible second the Cong Man rolls the shoulder!

Here comes the cavalry!!! Sotty The Doggy (Figo) and Hawk (AfroJoe) runs down to ringside and begin brawling with Grandprix! As they fight to the back the Cong Man hits a doctor bomb on The Psychiatrist! Cong quickly goes to the corner and jumps to the top rope. He perches waiting for the Psychiatrist to get back up...and as he does Cong launches himself with a perect double axehandle from the top. Psyché goes down, but The Cong Man also goes down clutching his knee! Both men are down again and this time referee Brian Hebner is worriedly talking to Cong who is clutching that knee and seems to be in considerable pain.

This gives the Psychiatrist time to regain his composure and seeing that Cong is obviously in pain he goes over and locks in a single leg Boston crab! The Cong Man is screaming in pain! But he refuses to give it up and begins to slowly crawl to the ropes. The Psychiatrist (MikeAll) can’t stop Cong who eventually grabs a hold of the bottom rope and Brian Hebner calls for the break

Psychiatrist grabs Cong by the hair and whips him off the ropes. Cong is visibly limping though. As he comes back off the ropes the Psychiatrist his a drop toe hold and comes up with an ankle-pick. Again Cong is screaming in pain, but he manages to turn it over and grab the Psychiatrist...Small Package! 1...2...3!!! NEW CAW CHAMPION!!!!

“Ladies and gentlemen, your winner of the match and new CAW CHAMPION...THE CONG MAN!!!”
Cong doesn’t look much like a winner right now though as he lies on the canvas screaming in pain and clutching at his knee. The Psychiatrist who has been standing in the ring looking stunned, suddenly turns and begins stopping Cong, before locking Cong’s obviously injured leg in an Indian death-lock!!! Referees and Road Agents suddenly flood the ring and drag the Psychiatrist away. A medical team comes to ring side and load Cong onto a stretcher. Cong is carried to the back with his newly won title draped across him, to the sound of a standing ovation. But what kind of condition is he in? We’ll bring you more as soon as we hear anything...

Later in the show, our cameras find SRW’s chief medical officer, Luigi Sickness, outside the medical room. “Luigi can you give us an update on The Cong Man’s condition?”. “Why, yes, I can...The Cong Man was taken straight to a local medical facility where they performed a scan on his knee. He has snapped two of the three ligaments in his right knee and torn the cartilage. He will be going in to surgery tomorrow to have them repaired.”. “ So how long before we see our new CAW champion in action again?”. “This type of injury usually takes six months to recover from and then he is likely to need another six months of rehab before we see him back in the ring.”. The interviewer looks stunned.

So there you have it. A new CAW champion, but he is now out injured for a whole year! What will Reaver do about the CAW title. Can SRW survive without one of it’s brightest stars? Only one way to find out folks. Stay tuned to SRW wrestling!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.