GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is a Funny post I found on the SR website, what do you think about it???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/12/00 at 20:11
Regular
This Was Posted on the SR site earlier, I thought it was funny, so here it is, whats your views on this post???

ORIGINAL POST

News on the Upwire: Bender sues Nintendo Web posted on 3/11/00.

Spoon-bending "psychic" Uri Geller is once again on the warpath over the "evil" Pokémon, Kadabra. Geller made complaints about the character last year claiming that he was a "debasement" of his character and profession. He know seems to have decided that his case is strong enough to launch a lawsuit against Nintendo, claiming millions of dollars in damages and the removal of the character from all Pokémon related products.

The character is known as 'Yun Geller' in Japan and is generally seen carrying around a spoon. The psychic creature uses 'mind-waves' to give its victims bad headaches. "Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokémon character" moaned Gellar in a statement which claimed that Pokémon's "violent characters" have a "negative effect on children". Israeli born Gellar also made some surprising allegations of offensive symbolism, claiming the character depicted the Jewish Star of David on his forehead and the lightning bolt on his chest resemled the symbol of the Nazi SS.

My Comment:
Actually I sympathise with Uri, I was always under the impression that Pikachu was based on me because Im yellow and I sneeze alot!
I think Mr Gellar should get a grip on reality, and more importantly stop trying to play Pokemon Stadium with only the power of his mind. Its alot easier to use the N64 control Pad???
Tue 05/12/00 at 20:11
This Was Posted on the SR site earlier, I thought it was funny, so here it is, whats your views on this post???

ORIGINAL POST

News on the Upwire: Bender sues Nintendo Web posted on 3/11/00.

Spoon-bending "psychic" Uri Geller is once again on the warpath over the "evil" Pokémon, Kadabra. Geller made complaints about the character last year claiming that he was a "debasement" of his character and profession. He know seems to have decided that his case is strong enough to launch a lawsuit against Nintendo, claiming millions of dollars in damages and the removal of the character from all Pokémon related products.

The character is known as 'Yun Geller' in Japan and is generally seen carrying around a spoon. The psychic creature uses 'mind-waves' to give its victims bad headaches. "Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokémon character" moaned Gellar in a statement which claimed that Pokémon's "violent characters" have a "negative effect on children". Israeli born Gellar also made some surprising allegations of offensive symbolism, claiming the character depicted the Jewish Star of David on his forehead and the lightning bolt on his chest resemled the symbol of the Nazi SS.

My Comment:
Actually I sympathise with Uri, I was always under the impression that Pikachu was based on me because Im yellow and I sneeze alot!
I think Mr Gellar should get a grip on reality, and more importantly stop trying to play Pokemon Stadium with only the power of his mind. Its alot easier to use the N64 control Pad???
Tue 05/12/00 at 20:19
Regular
I saw this about Uri Gellar about 2 months ago on another website!

It's a pathetic attempt by the "Psychic" to get more money :D
Wed 06/12/00 at 20:44
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
And why did he leave it so late to complain, you'd have thought he'd have seen it coming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.