GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New 360 Controller on its way ?."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/08/08 at 17:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
Rumours are circulating that a new improved Xbox 360 controller is due out soon (probably before Streetfighter or Tekken come out) with a new D-Pad,source : Here

It may explain the sudden increase in cheap 360 controllers (see grab a bargain thread,I've posted 2 links today).The D-Pad was famously useless,especially for fighting games (was a bit rubbish on some XBLA games as well) so in that respect it should be a welcome upgrade.It's a bit annoying as I have 3 of the existing controllers and would be looking to get at least 1 of the new controllers if and when they are available.Shame Microsoft couldn't have got it right in the first place really.
Fri 22/08/08 at 16:32
Regular
Don't think i've played and Beat 'em ups on the XBOX to be honest so that could be why I haven't had any complaints. Soul Caliber IV doesn't appeal to me. The only series of Beat 'em ups I really ever play are the Tekken series.

PES 2009 I haven't played online. I really want FIFA to pick it up one day I really loved the be a pro mode but it was poorly implemented. I have to this day been unable to play one single game of Be a Pro online.
Thu 21/08/08 at 22:36
Regular
"THFC"
Have to agree with the PES comment (as long as the online is fixed lol)

I have not used the xbox controller for many games but i have always found the playstation one very comfortable
Thu 21/08/08 at 21:11
"possibly impossible"
That's why I was so thankful that Sony never changed the design of the Dualshock that much for the Sixaxis. Perfect D-pad for beat-em-ups.
Thu 21/08/08 at 18:48
Regular
"I like turtles"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> OMG I must have one now!!!!!!!!! What a load of twaddle, who
> actually uses the D-Pad anymore?

Take it you haven't got Soul Calibur IV then ?.I have hammered it and its made me hate the rubbish D-Pad even more then ever.Virtua Fighter 5 was a nightmare to play using it as well.I am going to get Streetfighter 4 and Tekken 6 as well so might just have to get a Hori EX-2 stick to play them on.The thing is they are hard to get hold of (unless you are willing to pay silly money) and there not wireless.If you don't play beat em ups its probably not a big issue.But if like me you love them,then the existing D-Pad is useless.
Thu 21/08/08 at 18:26
Regular
OMG I must have one now!!!!!!!!! What a load of twaddle, who actually uses the D-Pad anymore?

Besides I am far more interested in that PES 2009 going on in the background...
Thu 21/08/08 at 18:23
Regular
"THFC"
all this talk of xbox 360 and im so close to getting one. Even if it has to be delayed, i will have my hands on it soon! Looking at some of the games and jt makes me want one more!
Thu 21/08/08 at 18:18
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
Not really that different from the previous pad....

The only difference seems to be a more 'floaty' D-pad, which in my opinion going is even further in the wrong direction. The whole point of D-pads is precision, especially for Beat'm ups, so why are they just trying to make them more like their analogue counterparts? SNES pads were perfect, and even Sony have stuck with the basic design for 3 generations - MS should take note.

Hopefully the colour of the pad is awful because its a prototype....
Thu 21/08/08 at 17:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
Rumours are circulating that a new improved Xbox 360 controller is due out soon (probably before Streetfighter or Tekken come out) with a new D-Pad,source : Here

It may explain the sudden increase in cheap 360 controllers (see grab a bargain thread,I've posted 2 links today).The D-Pad was famously useless,especially for fighting games (was a bit rubbish on some XBLA games as well) so in that respect it should be a welcome upgrade.It's a bit annoying as I have 3 of the existing controllers and would be looking to get at least 1 of the new controllers if and when they are available.Shame Microsoft couldn't have got it right in the first place really.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.