GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Die Hard Math Problem!!! Help!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/11/02 at 22:19
Regular
In Die Hard With A Vengance, in the park, with the jugs. John and Zeus have got two jugs, a 3 and a 5 gallon, they have to fill one with 4 gallons. Some how, they get 2 gallons in the 3 gallon jug, then fill the 5 gallon, pour 1 gallon into the 3 gallon leaving 4 in the 5 gallon jug. Does any body know how they did it, got bang on 2 gallons in the 3 gallon jug i mean. This is a problem that keeps bugging me, can any body help?
Thu 07/11/02 at 02:16
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Wayne Rooney would of known that. He probably had that same question in his GCSE maths paper.

Just like to say i am going to start a campaign,

Rooney for Prime Minister!
Wed 06/11/02 at 23:19
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
They seemed to cut have the puzzle out of the TV release so they are puzzling over it, flashes to Jermey Irons doing something then back to them with two litres magically appeared and them with still no clue
Sun 03/11/02 at 13:44
Regular
"That's right!"
Although I didn't watch it the other night (I have it on DVD) for some reason this morning I started thinking about it, and worked it out... because I rule
Sat 02/11/02 at 20:13
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Tank's Grix Thraves, when you put it like that it seems kind a simple.
Sat 02/11/02 at 01:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If you just watched the film closely, the solution is there.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:59
Regular
Skarra wrote:
"In Die Hard With A Vengance, in the park, with the jugs. John and Zeus have got two jugs, a 3 and a 5 gallon, they have to fill one with 4 gallons. Some how, they get 2 gallons in the 3 gallon jug, then fill the 5 gallon, pour 1 gallon into the 3 gallon leaving 4 in the 5 gallon jug. Does any body know how they did it, got bang on 2 gallons in the 3 gallon jug i mean. This is a problem that keeps bugging me, can any body help?"

Fill the five gallon full.

Tip in the three. This leave two in the five gallon.

Then throw the three away, and pour the two from the five gallon into the three.

Fill the five gallon.

Pour the five gallon into the three, which already has two gallons in, so you pour away just the one gallon.

This leaves four in the five gallon.

Easy. :0)
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:49
Regular
The stage hands did it for them.
Fri 01/11/02 at 22:19
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
In Die Hard With A Vengance, in the park, with the jugs. John and Zeus have got two jugs, a 3 and a 5 gallon, they have to fill one with 4 gallons. Some how, they get 2 gallons in the 3 gallon jug, then fill the 5 gallon, pour 1 gallon into the 3 gallon leaving 4 in the 5 gallon jug. Does any body know how they did it, got bang on 2 gallons in the 3 gallon jug i mean. This is a problem that keeps bugging me, can any body help?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.