GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"{Movie} Wanted"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/08/08 at 08:02
Regular
"Hello?"
Wanted

After seeing the trailer for this at the Iron Man screening a little while back, it was a movie that I just had to watch. Fast paced action, with a hint of a superhero theme to it what more could I ask for?

Wesley Gibson played by James McAvoy is presented to us in the form of a pen pushing individual that doesn’t have a lot going for him. He’s stuck in a dead end job with a boss that shares the same personality characteristics as an ogre. His life is a cycle of routinely remedial tasks that provide no sense of stimulating activity, along with this his girlfriend is cheating on him with his supposed ‘friend’.

Wesley’s life needs a new direction; a sense of purpose, an escape from his mundane life. We are soon shown a member of the Fraternity, a familiar face, Angelina Jolie, who plays a character suitably named Fox. Straight away Wesley is thrown into a situation of life or death. A bombshell is thrown his way as Fox informs him of his estranged father’s death. The man responsible is close on Wesley’s heels and provides us with the first glimpse at the skills of Fox. The special affects begin to greet our unsuspecting eyes at this point, in an insane car chase. Still unaware of the powers he possesses, Wesley is in a state of disbelief by this point.

As his father was an expert in his field he possessed some of the strongest skills the organisation had ever seen and naturally his son was next in line for the job. The Fraternity begins to teach Wesley to control his powers, his lighting quick reflexes and mind blowing agility. Although at first he resists and suffers repeated beatings from members of the Fraternity, he soon comes to experience the euphoric feeling he unleashes using his previously untouched powers.

Sloan, who is played by Morgan Freeman, heads the secret organisation of assassins. He is a rather sophisticated character, and has an air of slyness about him. Sloan is not as strong of a character that Freeman has played in recent years but still provides a well rounded performance. Sloan provides each member with their own set missions, carrying out deaths based on what Sloan reads from an ancient binary code that is said to be Fate’s doing.

With a matrix style portfolio of skills, a certain secret skill is taught by the Fraternity and makes you wish you could do the same. Curving a bullet around an object, got to love it, a pure mythical input that is sure to get a few people questioning if it’s possible, in short it’s not. There’s various parts of this movie that leave you thinking ‘like that would happen’, just take it for what it is and I’m sure you’ll love it.

The movie provides a sense of curiosity throughout, with slightly humorous scenes, like rats exploding coated in peanut butter. One of the best scenes for me is when Wesley actually grows some balls and quits his job in an explosive outburst of anger. On the way out he uses a keyboard to knock his disloyal friend out with one clean swipe. It’s an easy to watch comic book style of movie, which is certainly enjoyable with a fast pace present throughout. If you’re after a thought provoking story with emotive and deep topics it’s probably not the film for you. However if you like superhero movies and enjoyed the Matrix, then it’s definitely worth a watch.

7/10 ‘How’d you curve the bull again?’
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 20/08/08 at 08:02
Regular
"Hello?"
Wanted

After seeing the trailer for this at the Iron Man screening a little while back, it was a movie that I just had to watch. Fast paced action, with a hint of a superhero theme to it what more could I ask for?

Wesley Gibson played by James McAvoy is presented to us in the form of a pen pushing individual that doesn’t have a lot going for him. He’s stuck in a dead end job with a boss that shares the same personality characteristics as an ogre. His life is a cycle of routinely remedial tasks that provide no sense of stimulating activity, along with this his girlfriend is cheating on him with his supposed ‘friend’.

Wesley’s life needs a new direction; a sense of purpose, an escape from his mundane life. We are soon shown a member of the Fraternity, a familiar face, Angelina Jolie, who plays a character suitably named Fox. Straight away Wesley is thrown into a situation of life or death. A bombshell is thrown his way as Fox informs him of his estranged father’s death. The man responsible is close on Wesley’s heels and provides us with the first glimpse at the skills of Fox. The special affects begin to greet our unsuspecting eyes at this point, in an insane car chase. Still unaware of the powers he possesses, Wesley is in a state of disbelief by this point.

As his father was an expert in his field he possessed some of the strongest skills the organisation had ever seen and naturally his son was next in line for the job. The Fraternity begins to teach Wesley to control his powers, his lighting quick reflexes and mind blowing agility. Although at first he resists and suffers repeated beatings from members of the Fraternity, he soon comes to experience the euphoric feeling he unleashes using his previously untouched powers.

Sloan, who is played by Morgan Freeman, heads the secret organisation of assassins. He is a rather sophisticated character, and has an air of slyness about him. Sloan is not as strong of a character that Freeman has played in recent years but still provides a well rounded performance. Sloan provides each member with their own set missions, carrying out deaths based on what Sloan reads from an ancient binary code that is said to be Fate’s doing.

With a matrix style portfolio of skills, a certain secret skill is taught by the Fraternity and makes you wish you could do the same. Curving a bullet around an object, got to love it, a pure mythical input that is sure to get a few people questioning if it’s possible, in short it’s not. There’s various parts of this movie that leave you thinking ‘like that would happen’, just take it for what it is and I’m sure you’ll love it.

The movie provides a sense of curiosity throughout, with slightly humorous scenes, like rats exploding coated in peanut butter. One of the best scenes for me is when Wesley actually grows some balls and quits his job in an explosive outburst of anger. On the way out he uses a keyboard to knock his disloyal friend out with one clean swipe. It’s an easy to watch comic book style of movie, which is certainly enjoyable with a fast pace present throughout. If you’re after a thought provoking story with emotive and deep topics it’s probably not the film for you. However if you like superhero movies and enjoyed the Matrix, then it’s definitely worth a watch.

7/10 ‘How’d you curve the bull again?’

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.