GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mp3 question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/10/02 at 17:31
Regular
I recently put a load of mp3s on a CDR to transfer them from one install of XP to another. Like a fool I forgot to put the files into an archive first, so now I have a bunch of files called THE_HERBALISER_SOME.mp3 etc which (a) looks ugly, and (b) means I can't tell what the longer files actually are.

Yes, I am an idiot.

But my question is, does anyone know of an mp3 renaming tool (preferably free) that can extract info from the ID3 tags and rename the files along the lines of - etc. It won't work for all the files, but it would be a start.
Fri 01/11/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
RAR! Must get that. *MUST*.
Fri 01/11/02 at 20:35
Regular
"relocated"
Like Saddam, it rules.

When you use the nitro it feels like you're really accelerating. The music rawks. And you know how when you played driving games as a kid you used to lean over when you steered? Well, I do that in Burnout 2. I just unlocked a gangster car, too.

Frankly, I feel like I'm twelve years old when I'm playing it.

I love it!
Fri 01/11/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OMFG BURNOUT 2!!!!!!!!!

What's it like? TEEELLLLL MMMMEEEEEEEEE!

(PS. Burnout > *)
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:49
Regular
"relocated"
In theory I could have changed all those filenames by now, but I have more important things to do. Like playing Burnout 2 :)

I guess I'll either have to wait for Linux, pay for a shareware program or learn Perl myself. Or do it by hand.
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:09
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Heh, I wouldn't do them for you and I doubt you'd pay me..also it would probably take more time for me to download them than to change their names.
Think about it, you could have changed the names of those files already instead of waiting for more posts :p
Fri 01/11/02 at 16:34
Regular
"relocated"
Turbonutter wrote:
> It won't work on windows, heh.

Booooo!

Fog wrote:
> You need a program to rename MP3s? learn something new everyday.

You do if there are hundreds of them; although naturally if you'd like to do it all by hand then you would be very welcome. I will pay you one pound. Tax free.
Fri 01/11/02 at 09:44
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
You need a program to rename MP3s? learn something new everyday.
Fri 01/11/02 at 08:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
It won't work on windows, heh.
Fri 01/11/02 at 02:33
Regular
"relocated"
Thanks for the info Tequila Sunset. I tried Visual MP3 but it's now a demo version and only lets you work with 30 files, and I have hundreds of mp3s that need renaming. I had the Thompson program a while ago, but it drove me round the bend with its constant crashing and hideous design; it looks like its changed a bit since then, but frankly my blood pressure can't take the risk.
Fri 01/11/02 at 02:28
Regular
"relocated"
Ironically the drive I took the files off did have Linux on it but it was running out of space; so I removed Linux, gave the drive to my mum and started upgrading my system. I have one shiny new hard drive so far, and I should be getting another next month or something. Since I only use Linux for messing about on I decided to install XP first. Long story short: I don't have Linux access at the mo but I will soon.

BUT!

...You can get Perl for Win32 systems, and I just did. I've never used Perl before, but if you'll let me use your script that would be great :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.