GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's happy?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/10/02 at 22:46
Regular
I think I am. Sort of. I have a pretty good life. I have a good job, one that I enjoy, and get paid good money for. I have a nice home, and live with two good friends. I have a good social life, and lots of good friends who are always there for me when I need someone to talk to.

I have a great family, who would do anything for me. I have had a decent education, and worked hard at it. I'm pleased with what I have done so far in my life, and look forward to pushing myself in the future, and achieving as much as I can.

I have visited some amazing places in the world, and met some amazing people.

Yet, even though I am still young, at having one of the best times of my life, I still feel empty. I am 20, and have not been properly in love. I have had girlfriends, I have fancied girls, and girls have fancied me, but never have I been properly in love.

Before you start getting ready to slate me for not being happy with what I have, just wait a second. I have no regrets, and I am not complaining. I look forward with eagerness to love. If I can have had all this, and still not be content, then love is indeed a truely marvellous thing. It can bring hope to people who have none. It can make someone who has no earthly possessions fell like they own the world.

The world is not in the greatest position at the moment. But one way in which people manage to get on with their lives is through the knowledge that someone, somewhere, loves them. I don't know about you lot, but that brings a smile to my face. It gives you hope that humans aren't such a bad lot, and that might be hope for us all yet.

I don't know why I decided to post this. I guess I just felt that we needed to think about something positive for once, in what has been a pretty unpleasant time recently.

Thanks for reading.

GL
Tue 29/10/02 at 15:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Despite other appearacnes, I'm happy.

A-Levels are fine. Social life is fine. Money front is reasonable, but thats not essential. Girl side is improving whole time. Yah. I'm okay.

:)
Tue 29/10/02 at 15:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Not really...I have a good life and all, but at the moment stuff's really getting to me. I'm snappy most of the time and it's just because I'm worried and peeved at how busy I am.

I'm 15 and in Year 11, and I've got a huge bit of maths statistics coursework to do for the 11th November and I'm gonna have to start again because my line of enquiry is 'wrong'. Also, tomorrow we have to choose our work experience and then fill out loads of forms and no doubt all the jobs I want will disappear in seconds and I'll fill out all the forms wrong. Oh yeah, and the science department have lost half my coursework I did last year.

We've also got practise interviews, Science Modular GCSE exams and MOCKs in the next several weeks, and it all seems a bit over my head. And judging by my latest exploits with a French speaking assistant I'm gonna be hopeless during half of the GCSEs, oh, and any free time I have seems to just zoom by and all of a sudden I'm doing work or worrying and/or regretting something again.

So, how about the rest of you? :D
Tue 29/10/02 at 13:10
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Like Robert DiNiro,
who's always been a hero,
I'm only happy,
when I do some crappy rappy.

Ignorance is bliss. Intelligence only leads to expectation and unfulfillment. True happiness is only a labotomy away...
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm usually happy.
But today I feel like punching someone in the stomach with my hand, balled into a fist for smashing.

As for love?
*spits onto floor and turns on his heel*

Give me cheap, meaningless sex any day of the week.
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm content, but restless ie. I could snap any minute and go mental with a spade.
Tue 29/10/02 at 09:05
Regular
I can't say that I'm happy.
Many things can make me feel happy, but I always find that happiness is fleeting. My instictive nihilism always kicks back in and I'm left feeling just empty....

I do think that feelings of happiness are most strongly connected with anything that increases personal power.
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:51
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I'd agree, Love is one hell of a special thing.

Although, no matter how hard you try to explain what Love is, or how it feels like to be in Love, you'll never get it. Ever.

When you find that special person, you'll know..
Mon 28/10/02 at 22:46
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I think I am. Sort of. I have a pretty good life. I have a good job, one that I enjoy, and get paid good money for. I have a nice home, and live with two good friends. I have a good social life, and lots of good friends who are always there for me when I need someone to talk to.

I have a great family, who would do anything for me. I have had a decent education, and worked hard at it. I'm pleased with what I have done so far in my life, and look forward to pushing myself in the future, and achieving as much as I can.

I have visited some amazing places in the world, and met some amazing people.

Yet, even though I am still young, at having one of the best times of my life, I still feel empty. I am 20, and have not been properly in love. I have had girlfriends, I have fancied girls, and girls have fancied me, but never have I been properly in love.

Before you start getting ready to slate me for not being happy with what I have, just wait a second. I have no regrets, and I am not complaining. I look forward with eagerness to love. If I can have had all this, and still not be content, then love is indeed a truely marvellous thing. It can bring hope to people who have none. It can make someone who has no earthly possessions fell like they own the world.

The world is not in the greatest position at the moment. But one way in which people manage to get on with their lives is through the knowledge that someone, somewhere, loves them. I don't know about you lot, but that brings a smile to my face. It gives you hope that humans aren't such a bad lot, and that might be hope for us all yet.

I don't know why I decided to post this. I guess I just felt that we needed to think about something positive for once, in what has been a pretty unpleasant time recently.

Thanks for reading.

GL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.