GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem pageviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/08 at 21:45
Regular
I know that Freeola promise unlimited bandwidth but at what level of pageviews am I likely to experience 'problems' with my site?
Wed 01/04/09 at 10:53
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You need to get hold of the sound file itself. If it's a .wav or .mp3 file then you can simply upload it using the editor by clicking the Media icon. This will allow you to embed audio into you page. The advanced options will allow you to set how the music plays (auto start, keep player hidden, etc).
If you need the music to be running throughout the site the simply add the sound file using the footer text editor.
Tue 31/03/09 at 20:28
Regular
Hi,im just getting used to creating the site and would love to have music on the home page.There is a piece of music which i use in a sig on one of my links at another site of mine which is part of a free poetry site at thedurzetbaird.Though the link is obviously in format and would show up in that format on my page and not as sound,is there a simple way i can cut n paste this so that it actually works on my Freeola site thegypsypoet and just comes up as sound.Can anyone help or advise me how and what to do
Thu 05/02/09 at 12:48
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
See here.
Wed 04/02/09 at 21:36
i,ve just set up my istant build site it says its live but wen i try and see it i can,t?
crystaldragstar.com
Wed 04/02/09 at 21:34
i,ve just set up my instand build
crystaldragstar.com
it says its live burt wen i try and see it theres nothing there?
Tue 19/08/08 at 13:37
"Are you sure?"
72uoba wrote:
> I know that Freeola promise unlimited bandwidth but at what level
> of pageviews am I likely to experience 'problems' with my site?

Hi 72uoba, welcome to the forum!

This previous thread may be of interest to you.

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 19/08/08 at 13:05
Regular
Basically you are right we do offer unlimited broadband however I should point you to our Terms and Conditions and in partiuclar

9.6 We may terminate Your use of any Freeola Services at any time and where practical We shall provide You with 30
days notice of such termination. We may at Our sole discretion immediately terminate or suspend Your use of one
or more of the Freeola Services without advance notification if:

9.6.4. Your manner or pattern of use of the Freeola Services is detrimental to the provision of such services to other
Freeola Users.

But realistically you would need to be seriously abusing the bandwidth to be in breach of that, and it's not something that I recall being enforced yet. But if you do have any queries with relation to any of this please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on either our Support line 0871 210 9977 or visit Here
Mon 18/08/08 at 21:45
Regular
I know that Freeola promise unlimited bandwidth but at what level of pageviews am I likely to experience 'problems' with my site?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.