GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"{Movie} What Happens In Vegas"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/08/08 at 13:46
Regular
"Hello?"
What Happens In Vegas

To be honest I was a bit skeptical of this movie at first due to it falling into the romantic comedy genre. In previous experiences with this genre I have come away from a movie distraught, not because I was moved by the topics, but the fact I would never get those hours of my life back.

So I decided to give the genre another try, mainly because of Ashton Kutcher who never fails to make me laugh, and ok Cameron Diaz isn't too painful to watch for an hour and a half. I was presented from the off with two separate individuals, not known to each other yet, but both at rock bottom.

Ashton Kutcher plays the usual goofy role this time as a manual worker named Jack Fuller. Working for his dad would usually mean perks and success but Jack's outlook on life is that of a caveman. As long as beer and sport are in the equation along with a bit of sex he is more than content. That is until his dad has enough of his distracting behavior at work and causes a confrontation which leads to Jack's resignation. Cameron Diaz is presented to us in the role of Joy McNally, an honest hard working individual that seems to have a severe form of OCD. This in turn leads to the break up of her relationship, at a surprise party she was throwing for her now ex fiancé.

So the two separately embark on a spare of the moment trip to the haven that is Sin City each accompanied by a friend. An error at the hotel leads the two to their first encounter in a high pitched screaming fury. Jack throws a few smooth moves Joy's way and the night begins. It's very cliché and very predictable that the two end up getting married fueled with alcohol. A huge jackpot win is thrown into the equation and leads the two who resent the marriage to question who actually has ownership of the $3,000,000 that has been won.

The movie runs smoothly as a love/hate relationship between the two, each trying to get the other to surrender and force them to loose out in their part of the money. Various pranks are played between the two and along with their natural chemistry some very comical moments are formed, with a succession of laugh out loud moments throughout the movie. Love begins to blossom and the question on who is entitled to the moment looses out to cupid’s arrow when both fall for each other.

On a whole I though that the movie was far better than I had expected, I wasn’t subject to the greatest movie that had ever been made nor was I presented with the worst. It was a light hearted comedy that flowed smoothly and was very watchable. If you like Ahston Kutcher, you’ll like this movie.

Surprisingly Enjoyable. 6.5/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 18/08/08 at 13:46
Regular
"Hello?"
What Happens In Vegas

To be honest I was a bit skeptical of this movie at first due to it falling into the romantic comedy genre. In previous experiences with this genre I have come away from a movie distraught, not because I was moved by the topics, but the fact I would never get those hours of my life back.

So I decided to give the genre another try, mainly because of Ashton Kutcher who never fails to make me laugh, and ok Cameron Diaz isn't too painful to watch for an hour and a half. I was presented from the off with two separate individuals, not known to each other yet, but both at rock bottom.

Ashton Kutcher plays the usual goofy role this time as a manual worker named Jack Fuller. Working for his dad would usually mean perks and success but Jack's outlook on life is that of a caveman. As long as beer and sport are in the equation along with a bit of sex he is more than content. That is until his dad has enough of his distracting behavior at work and causes a confrontation which leads to Jack's resignation. Cameron Diaz is presented to us in the role of Joy McNally, an honest hard working individual that seems to have a severe form of OCD. This in turn leads to the break up of her relationship, at a surprise party she was throwing for her now ex fiancé.

So the two separately embark on a spare of the moment trip to the haven that is Sin City each accompanied by a friend. An error at the hotel leads the two to their first encounter in a high pitched screaming fury. Jack throws a few smooth moves Joy's way and the night begins. It's very cliché and very predictable that the two end up getting married fueled with alcohol. A huge jackpot win is thrown into the equation and leads the two who resent the marriage to question who actually has ownership of the $3,000,000 that has been won.

The movie runs smoothly as a love/hate relationship between the two, each trying to get the other to surrender and force them to loose out in their part of the money. Various pranks are played between the two and along with their natural chemistry some very comical moments are formed, with a succession of laugh out loud moments throughout the movie. Love begins to blossom and the question on who is entitled to the moment looses out to cupid’s arrow when both fall for each other.

On a whole I though that the movie was far better than I had expected, I wasn’t subject to the greatest movie that had ever been made nor was I presented with the worst. It was a light hearted comedy that flowed smoothly and was very watchable. If you like Ahston Kutcher, you’ll like this movie.

Surprisingly Enjoyable. 6.5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.