GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wanted"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/10/02 at 20:14
Regular
Merseyside police have named a local youth wanted for questioning in
connection with an incident last Saturday afternoon in which a shot was
fired at a pensioner.

The elderly man, from North London, and described as "extremely frail and immobile" is said to have been left severely traumatised by the ordeal, and Police warn that his attacker may strike again.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Wayne Rooney, 16,
should contact Merseyside Police immediately.

:-)
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:36
Regular
"smile, it's free"
VenomByte wrote:
> he does well with the very well with whatever

I am go mad.
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:34
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Have to agree with The Gingerlord on this one, Owen is definitely a world class striker.

When he first arrived on the scene I would agree that he was over-rated. His pace and work rate gained him many chances, but his finishing was never very impressive. I'd also agree that he's not as fast as he used to be, which I think is since the first major hamstring injury he had.

Having said that though, he has really developed as a player. He can and has scored with both feet, as well as with headers. His finishing has improved tremendously over the last few seasons, and whatever other criticisms you lay at him, he does score a lot of goals. He may not create goals from nothing as some strikers can, but he does well with the very well with whatever chances he gets.

Except penalties.
Tue 29/10/02 at 09:02
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Well did you hear about Woking's goalkeeper getting stabbed?
I think he's just recovering after a couple of days in intensive care.

VOTE FOR MANDATARE!
Mon 28/10/02 at 23:09
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Even as a Man U fan, I'm gonna have to come to Owen's rescue here. He has close to a 50% scoring record in internationals, (that's for England remember!!). He may not be Kluivert, or Ronaldo, but he consistently scores 20 goals a season for Liverpool, and is easily England's only World Class striker.

As for Rooney, he looks quite good, but I think he was going for the far corner with that shot against Arsenal. He had a good chance against West Ham, but shot over. He *could* be a great player, but it is far too early to start thinking about that. Let the kid get on with his football, and give him a chance in a couple of years. Remember Gerrard didn't start really playing for England until he was 20, that's three years down the line.
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That's true... I have noticed that myself.
Could have something to do with his regular Hamstring injuries too.
Or maybe he's been rushed into the Premiership too-young, burning him out - the thing many people fear about today's young footballers.

I've noticed the same thing with Ryan Giggs too.

But I still remember that goal against Argentina in '98 though...
It was his pace that got him through that really, not the skill or finnish. He hasn't been able to beat players for Liverpool this season, and has therefore found it hard to score.

Even Forlan's starting to beat players now!
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:19
"High polygon count"
Solskjær wrote:
> He may be able to score goals (sometimes) and he does have good pace,

That's another point...

Do you think Owen is as fast now as a couple of seasons ago? To me, he seems much slower since he had that knee injury.
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Exactly! And he's already being compared to Owen after breaking his record of being the youngest player to score in the Premiership.

I still don't see what people see in Owen though...
I was never really that bothered about him when he first emerged from the Liverpool Reserves, but Liverpool fans were all going mental.
I don't even reckon he's all that great anyway.
He may be able to score goals (sometimes) and he does have good pace, but he's still not the kind-of predator like Kluivert Liverpool fans associate him as. He's also weak, physically. You need to be strong in-order to score goals and hold-of the opposition.
He can't do that though.

I hope Rooney doesn't turn into the next Michael Owen.
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:00
"High polygon count"
He's over-hyped because he's English - it always happens.

They did (and still do) the same with Owen, who - while I accept he is a good striker - has never fulfilled his supposed potential, and again is over-rated.
Mon 28/10/02 at 14:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Brilliant! :D

But he is now 17, and I still think he's kind-of over-hyped... slightly.
We'll be expecting too-much of him too-soon I reckon, and that'll only make things slightly worse for his future.
Sun 27/10/02 at 21:20
Regular
LOL! I tell you what else is funny, David Moyles thinks that Rooney comes from a quite area of Liverpool, ROFL! I don't think he has visited the estate where he lives then ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.