GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What??? No Fantavision"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/12/00 at 14:45
Regular
I managed to get my playstation 2 on the 27th November, I was so excited I booked the day of work so that I could spend all day playing Timesplitters (which I ordered with it) and Fantavision(suppost to be the free game).

You can imgine my excitment as I heard the delivery van pull up outside at 8:30am. After actually opening the thing up I was faced with the fact that there was no game. After phoning to find out what was going on I was informed that fantavision was no longer given away with the machine, and that the game I ordered - Timesplitters - was being sent out tomorrow, So wheres the logic there!!!! And then of all things I was told that the multi tap was out of stock. As you can imagine I was most pi**ed off, not to worry though I just cancelled my order and bought them in the local games exchange.

Another thing that I was a bit pi**ed off with is the fact that the "scart cable" that Sony supplied free (you know the one, where you plug the red, white and yellow connectors into that plastic block) was the cheapest peace of crap I had seen in a long time - ITS NOT EVEN RGB, not to worry though my original PS RGB scart cable does the job fine.
Mon 04/12/00 at 14:45
I managed to get my playstation 2 on the 27th November, I was so excited I booked the day of work so that I could spend all day playing Timesplitters (which I ordered with it) and Fantavision(suppost to be the free game).

You can imgine my excitment as I heard the delivery van pull up outside at 8:30am. After actually opening the thing up I was faced with the fact that there was no game. After phoning to find out what was going on I was informed that fantavision was no longer given away with the machine, and that the game I ordered - Timesplitters - was being sent out tomorrow, So wheres the logic there!!!! And then of all things I was told that the multi tap was out of stock. As you can imagine I was most pi**ed off, not to worry though I just cancelled my order and bought them in the local games exchange.

Another thing that I was a bit pi**ed off with is the fact that the "scart cable" that Sony supplied free (you know the one, where you plug the red, white and yellow connectors into that plastic block) was the cheapest peace of crap I had seen in a long time - ITS NOT EVEN RGB, not to worry though my original PS RGB scart cable does the job fine.
Mon 04/12/00 at 15:20
"High polygon count"
Where did you hear that Fantavision came free with PS2?

As far as I am aware, it has never been claimed that you get any software free with the PS2, except the demo disc.

Are you sure it wasn't a promotion specific to the company you ordered from?
Mon 04/12/00 at 15:49
Hi.

You mentioned the tacky, cheap piece of crap of a Scart cable supplied with the PS2. Any idea where I can get a
really good quality one?

Ta
Mon 04/12/00 at 16:21
"High polygon count"
You can get a PS2-to-SCART lead (or PS1-to-SCART for that matter - they're identical) from most game shops. Several even make their own.

Be warned, though... if you use an RGB SCART lead, your games will be lovely and crisp, but your DVD playback will be in shades of green only... see any of the DVD-related threads below for more information.
Tue 05/12/00 at 01:16
That was not the case for me! I have got an RGB Cable, and when I played a DVD on my Toshiba 28", the DVD played in all of it's colours fine, with not a tint of Green in sight! I don't know if I am someone who is lucky, or if it is the TV that made it normal, as I tried it on my 15" TV first, and it was Green there, so it must be the 28" TV that made it appear normal! Has anyone else had the same luck as me???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.