GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Pick me a game! Please"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/08 at 11:14
Regular
"THFC"
Hello everyone, this topic really serves as two points;

The First Point
I have no game that i "want" to play and would like some help picking a fun new game that will get me hooked and get me back on the consoles!
I have: Ps3, Wii and a DS
I Like: Platform, RPG, Adventure, Action.... pretty much everything lol

Any help would be great, thank you

The Second Point
I cant be the only person who has this problem from time to time, so why not post on here if your in the same situation as me! There are a good load of experienced Gamers on here and between us we must have played a truck load of games!

Let's be helpful and have some fun!
Fri 15/08/08 at 03:10
Regular
"no,not a sandwich!"
i recently got metroid hunters for ds. the graphics are good and its loads of fun.
Wed 13/08/08 at 14:13
Regular
"THFC"
I was thinking about Indiana Jones, i saw Asda had it on DS for £15, might go pick it up after work!

Thanks for all your help, but i think if we can try keeps this one alive for others to get help from, thanks again
Wed 13/08/08 at 13:22
Regular
"I like turtles"
Here'a few games I've enjoyed playing this year (won't mention ones I know you have got) :

Devil May Cry 4 : Great graphics and its fun to play,does get a bit repetitive though and has pretty much no replay value once you've completed it (seems to be cheap now).

Lego Indiana Jones : Best platformer of the year by a country mile,ace game.

Unreal Tournament 3 : My 3rd favourite shooter (after Gears & COD 4).Much prefer it to Halo 3 and its great online.

Bioshock is out soon for the PS3,thats pretty good.

Reckon its Lego Batman next for me though and I might have a look at Smash Court Tennis 3 as I enjoyed the previous games in the series.
Wed 13/08/08 at 13:07
"possibly impossible"
PS3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Great little strategic shooter with some nice free downloadable maps

Burnout Paradise
Interesting online free roaming racer. Takes a while to get used to, but so much to do.

Metal Gear Solid IV
I'm sure you've got this Emmie, but for everyone who hasn't, get it!

Stranglehold Collectors Edition
You'd need to import or get from Softuk, but it's worth it just for the fact that it has a full version of Hard Boiled on the Blu-Ray disc. Plus it's a good little under-rated game.

Wii

Rayman Rabbids 2
So much better than the first game. The mini-games are all fun and there are some interesting unlockables such as a House of the Dead style Bunny shooting arcade game.

Boom Blox
One of the best action puzzle games on the Wii. Easy to get in to but tough to beat and it has the bonus of a level designer which you can use to build and share new levels over WiFi.

DS

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin.
The second DS Advance Wars game is more adult and more strategic than the previous title, but just as addictive

Animal Crossing
Sounds twee but it will sap your time like a chrono-vampire.

Lego Indy
Almost the same as the console version, but actually improves on it in some places with interactive touch screen bits like blowing on torches.
Wed 13/08/08 at 12:53
Regular
The World Ends With You
Platform - DS
Genre - RPG
Developer - Square Enix

This is one of the best games on DS, trust me. It's really original in its gameplay i.e. wearing different outfits when it is fashionable will give you attack bonuses etc. The storyline is really cute and it has some loveable characters.
Wed 13/08/08 at 11:14
Regular
"THFC"
Hello everyone, this topic really serves as two points;

The First Point
I have no game that i "want" to play and would like some help picking a fun new game that will get me hooked and get me back on the consoles!
I have: Ps3, Wii and a DS
I Like: Platform, RPG, Adventure, Action.... pretty much everything lol

Any help would be great, thank you

The Second Point
I cant be the only person who has this problem from time to time, so why not post on here if your in the same situation as me! There are a good load of experienced Gamers on here and between us we must have played a truck load of games!

Let's be helpful and have some fun!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.