GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bought a load of albums!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 09:41
Regular
I shouldn't have really, 'cos I'm only a measly student and my measly student loan can't cover all my expenses - but who needs an education when there's rock to be had! So I nipped into Virgin the other day and got a few CDs that I'd been looking forward to for quite a while:

Foo Fighters - One By One
Graham Coxon - The Kiss of Morning
Cornelius - Point

I'd really been looking forward to the new Foo's one 'cos of that single that just pure rocks, but it's a bit of a let-down. It starts off promisingly enough - with that single - but rapidly goes downhill after that and I ended up losing interest.

Graham Coxon does a lot better. I've got his other albums and they always have low-points, but they're in a different place on this one and they just slip by, unnoticed. First few tracks are brilliant, as well as a few towards the end. He even (graphically) explains why he felt the need to leave Blur. Get it if you want to hear decent Alt. blues with a cockney twint!

I've always loved Cornelius, he's such a cheeky chappie. Previous albums have seen him use everything from hard rock to quotes from the Goonies. 'Point' is no exception to this. Great disco/pop/electronica songs are mixed with strange little beeps that sound loike they come from another planet. It's maybe a bit too similar to 'Fantasma', but it's still great to listen to.

Monkey_man's pick of the week:
Cornelius - it's different and cool!
Thu 24/10/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've heard some of Coxon's own stuff, it's good.

I got JJ72 album... which is dark and stuff but I still like it. Gives me a sore head though.

Got Queens of the Stone Age... fantastic.

Err that's about it.
Thu 24/10/02 at 18:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
This topic looked a bit lonely so I thought I'd make friends with it. Or something.

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed with the Foo's album too. That single really does kick anus (damn filter!). It's still not bad though. After a few listens it does get better. All My Life is still my favourite but Tired of You, Halo and Disenchanted Lullaby are all really good too.

I bought the Feeder album too. It's quite good but a few songs are just really typical Feeder that I've heard a hundred times before.

And I've still got Static Prevails, the first 3 Foo Fighters' albums and about 9 Maiden albums to get. Oh and a guitar, a DVD Home Cinema system and a GameCube.
Thu 24/10/02 at 09:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I shouldn't have really, 'cos I'm only a measly student and my measly student loan can't cover all my expenses - but who needs an education when there's rock to be had! So I nipped into Virgin the other day and got a few CDs that I'd been looking forward to for quite a while:

Foo Fighters - One By One
Graham Coxon - The Kiss of Morning
Cornelius - Point

I'd really been looking forward to the new Foo's one 'cos of that single that just pure rocks, but it's a bit of a let-down. It starts off promisingly enough - with that single - but rapidly goes downhill after that and I ended up losing interest.

Graham Coxon does a lot better. I've got his other albums and they always have low-points, but they're in a different place on this one and they just slip by, unnoticed. First few tracks are brilliant, as well as a few towards the end. He even (graphically) explains why he felt the need to leave Blur. Get it if you want to hear decent Alt. blues with a cockney twint!

I've always loved Cornelius, he's such a cheeky chappie. Previous albums have seen him use everything from hard rock to quotes from the Goonies. 'Point' is no exception to this. Great disco/pop/electronica songs are mixed with strange little beeps that sound loike they come from another planet. It's maybe a bit too similar to 'Fantasma', but it's still great to listen to.

Monkey_man's pick of the week:
Cornelius - it's different and cool!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.