GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"{Movie} Felon"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/08 at 14:45
Regular
"Hello?"
Felon

Judging from the title of this movie I thought I was in for a fast paced bad guy action packed movie. Probably one of a dozen that I would watch throughout the year. Instead I was presented with quite a heart pounding story that played with your emotions from start to finish.

The movie begins at home with Wade Porter, immersed in everyday life; nothing seems out of the ordinary. A vision that we’ve probably all had but never thought too much about is that of someone coming uninvited into your home. This is where the movie starts to get rolling. In a split second Wade Porter who runs a successful business that is thriving and continuing to grow, loses everything in the mist of protecting his family.

The movie is set in New Mexico and about 70% of the film is within the prison walls, which may seem like it hasn’t got that much to offer. Well putting it bluntly, it’s got heaps. As the days progress you begin to learn how a character can change from your average Joe that feels fear into a mess that becomes immune to such feelings.

Soon a familiar face comes into the picture, a little fatter and older than his role in Batman a few years previous. Val Kilmer, who plays an inn mate serving the rest of his time locked up for an array of murders he committed. Much like Wade’s story his actions were fuelled by his responsibility to protect his family. The movie throws a few thoughts at you in relation to how far you’d be prepared to go to protect your own.

The story progresses showing the darkest side of American law enforcement, the corruptness of the prison service to which some extent I’m sure is very accurate. Although the environment Wade is in makes him into something he once wasn’t it still hasn’t cracked him completely and this in the end leads him to the reuniting with his much loved family. The movie is not based on a particular true story in particular but it’s quite possible to relate it to many.

Overall I really enjoyed this thought provoking movie, it wasn’t what I was expecting but far surpassed any other film like it, in some ways reminded me of ‘Chopper’, a cult classic. If you’re looking for an emotive yet down to earth film then it’s a definite must see!

8/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 11/08/08 at 14:45
Regular
"Hello?"
Felon

Judging from the title of this movie I thought I was in for a fast paced bad guy action packed movie. Probably one of a dozen that I would watch throughout the year. Instead I was presented with quite a heart pounding story that played with your emotions from start to finish.

The movie begins at home with Wade Porter, immersed in everyday life; nothing seems out of the ordinary. A vision that we’ve probably all had but never thought too much about is that of someone coming uninvited into your home. This is where the movie starts to get rolling. In a split second Wade Porter who runs a successful business that is thriving and continuing to grow, loses everything in the mist of protecting his family.

The movie is set in New Mexico and about 70% of the film is within the prison walls, which may seem like it hasn’t got that much to offer. Well putting it bluntly, it’s got heaps. As the days progress you begin to learn how a character can change from your average Joe that feels fear into a mess that becomes immune to such feelings.

Soon a familiar face comes into the picture, a little fatter and older than his role in Batman a few years previous. Val Kilmer, who plays an inn mate serving the rest of his time locked up for an array of murders he committed. Much like Wade’s story his actions were fuelled by his responsibility to protect his family. The movie throws a few thoughts at you in relation to how far you’d be prepared to go to protect your own.

The story progresses showing the darkest side of American law enforcement, the corruptness of the prison service to which some extent I’m sure is very accurate. Although the environment Wade is in makes him into something he once wasn’t it still hasn’t cracked him completely and this in the end leads him to the reuniting with his much loved family. The movie is not based on a particular true story in particular but it’s quite possible to relate it to many.

Overall I really enjoyed this thought provoking movie, it wasn’t what I was expecting but far surpassed any other film like it, in some ways reminded me of ‘Chopper’, a cult classic. If you’re looking for an emotive yet down to earth film then it’s a definite must see!

8/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.