GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend a song!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/08 at 14:36
Regular
Ok I'm gonna consider this the little sister of the Recommend a Band! thread. So everyone go ahead and recommend a song you think people should hear. It can be any genre and age or just something that somebody may not have heard.

I'll kick things off with this song;
Cunninglynguists - Seasons
It's a Hip-Hop song using the Four seasons to refer to the "state" of Hip-Hop.
Fri 15/08/08 at 22:51
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Black8704 wrote:
> Cheers for that, they're not bad at all. May have to check out a
> few more of their songs. You seen them live? Any upcoming gigs?

They split up about 2 years ago, saw em live a few times. They have 2 albums, the first (Songs of Innocence and of Experience) is more 'raw', and will probably be preferred by anyone into more 'underground' punk/hardcore, the second (Here on Earth) is a bit more poppy but still has some heavier tracks and there's some real positive anthems there (see 'Head Up High' and 'Set your Sights'). Also a live album (Last Night in London) which is very good.

[EDIT] - Adequate Seven - Last Night in London review
Thu 14/08/08 at 20:40
Regular
the greatst song around right now in my opinion is-------

BUBBLY by COLBIE CAILLAT
Thu 14/08/08 at 12:46
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Im not a huge Deftones fan to be honest but I will have a listen at that song none the less when I've finished work tonight.

My suggestions are Reuben - Freddy Krueger and Reuben - Lets Stop Hanging Out
Thu 14/08/08 at 12:07
Regular
"Hello?"
Sibs wrote:

> Great song from one of the best bands in the UK punk scene of
> the last few years. They're sadly now defunct, but if you like
> punk with a blend of funk and hardcore (and horns) then this is
> for you.

Cheers for that, they're not bad at all. May have to check out a few more of their songs. You seen them live? Any upcoming gigs?
Wed 13/08/08 at 22:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Adequate Seven - The State We're In - ([EDIT] - Appears Last.fm have the live version... can't decide if it's better than the studio one or not... I was there on the night though, so happy memories!)

Great song from one of the best bands in the UK punk scene of the last few years. They're sadly now defunct, but if you like punk with a blend of funk and hardcore (and horns) then this is for you.
Mon 11/08/08 at 15:09
Regular
"Hello?"
Deftones - Rapture

Absolutely awesome band, I'm sure you've probably heard some of their stuff, you must listen to their album Adrenaline, pure genius...

Quite a heavy band, but they've also got some deep melow sounds.
Mon 11/08/08 at 14:36
Regular
Ok I'm gonna consider this the little sister of the Recommend a Band! thread. So everyone go ahead and recommend a song you think people should hear. It can be any genre and age or just something that somebody may not have heard.

I'll kick things off with this song;
Cunninglynguists - Seasons
It's a Hip-Hop song using the Four seasons to refer to the "state" of Hip-Hop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.