GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"geocities really do have a problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/10/02 at 10:43
Regular
I deided to have a browse on the geocities forums and there were quite a few folk complaining about pagebuilder.

I need it for a college project and i've only got four weeks to do it.

So has anybody got any links other sites like geocities which are free and has a pagbuilder.
Otherwise i'll fail the assesment if I don't build the site within the four weeks!
Fri 25/10/02 at 16:15
Regular
"How Handy."
Alexj17 wrote:
> you could goto
> http://www.developking.tk
> because with their HTML starters you could learn html in a day and
> then make your site on notepad.

No you couldnt, its a crap website and none of it works. Now would you please stop trying to advertise it?
Fri 25/10/02 at 14:37
"I hate that!!!"
It seems to be ok now but if it happens again i'll look back on this topic
Fri 25/10/02 at 14:30
www.htmlgoodies.com

PageBuilder is crap. A friend of mine needed a web page built for his courier company, and instead of coming to me and having a professional looking website, he went to his dodgy mate Marc, who has left him with a travesty of a web-page done in Pagebuilder that must be turning away any business that finds the site.

God knows I'd never buy anything from a site that instead of centering everything properly, tries to apportion the page using non-blank space images and physical spaces, so if you look at the page in anything other than 800x600, it's skewed and incredibly gay.

Learn to do it yourself.
Fri 25/10/02 at 12:03
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
you could goto
http://www.developking.tk
because with their HTML starters you could learn html in a day and then make your site on notepad.
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:30
Regular
"-_-"
bummer shame that do you have microsoft publisher? you could make one on that and then erm....publish it
Thu 24/10/02 at 13:24
"I hate that!!!"
I would if I could but The college won't let me install stuff on the pc's
Wed 23/10/02 at 12:40
Regular
"-_-"
you could download a thirty day free trial of dream weaver
or get front page it's good
Wed 23/10/02 at 12:18
"I hate that!!!"
Yes pagebuilder is basic, but I wouldn't use word because I prefer using pagebuilder as it's easy to use.

I might try altavistas' homestead
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Pagebuilder is quite basic (but has a couple of good features) you might as well use Word and save files as html.
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I know Lycos had one (tripod.co.uk) not sure if its still about though.

But best to go with ajg's method first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.