GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark V Time Spliters!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 21:16
Regular
Ok this is mainly to all those who have played both (because there is no point in arguing if you haven't played both)

I have played both and i think byfar perfect dark is better what do you think?
Sun 03/12/00 at 21:16
Ok this is mainly to all those who have played both (because there is no point in arguing if you haven't played both)

I have played both and i think byfar perfect dark is better what do you think?
Sun 03/12/00 at 21:18
Regular
Why is Perfect Dark better?

I haven't played Timesplitters, by the way.
Sun 03/12/00 at 21:21
Regular
don't no way, maybe too many aliens!
I didn't mind Elvis at all! Maian SOS is my fav level!
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
How can you say that without an explanation??? And the graphics are obviously better as it's on PS2.
Typical newbies. He probably thinks he's gonna win with that.
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Perfect Dark easily wins in my opinion.
I found Timesplitters extremely annoying to control, aim has to be so precise that you can miss with a shotgun from point blank range ! Plus while your messing around aiming with the awkward controls, your getting shot to your component molecules.

I also found the characters in it annoying. Sorry Ant, but PS2 graphics didn't save this from being one of the smelliest games i've played in a while.

And yes i have played both games.
Mon 04/12/00 at 17:23
"High polygon count"
I personally enjoy TimeSplitters, though the control system does take some getting used to.

As I've said before, it's down to personal opinion, that's all.

I mean, year after year after year, FIFA gets slated... and yes, it does have major flaws. But that doesn't stop it selling millions of copies, so obviously a lot of people enjoy it.
Mon 04/12/00 at 17:31
I like both Perfect Dark and Time Spliters as they are both as good as each other.
Mon 04/12/00 at 21:10
Regular
I've heard that Timesplitters is meant to play like a Perfect Dark deathmatch (but faster with better graphics).
I personally prefer the stealth and mission objectives and sniping of Perfect Darks Solo. I suppose it's down to taste!
Mon 04/12/00 at 22:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ant, Timesplitters isn't better just because it's on the PS2, it's a big console but it's not at it's full potential yet, in a years time this game will look very simple.
Perfect Dark is using the most of the N64's power! it has a huge 256mb cart and has no bites of memory left!
Goldeneye was only using 99mbs of it's 128mb cart, thats not much when you think that there are 500mb carts out now.
In a years time games will be more advanced than they are now and you will see a vast difference.
Wed 06/12/00 at 21:03
ant said

How can you say that without an explanation??? And the graphics are obviously better as it's on PS2.
Typical newbies. He probably thinks he's gonna win with that.

Ok newbie i don't think so just cause i haven't be posting dosn't mean i am a newbie i ahev been in spieical reserve since like 94 and i have been posting since 98 i just got fed up and then i started again.

i am sorry i haven't been online the past few nights to defend my arguement but i will now.

Ok time spliters may be faster but who wants faster, it dosn't make a game better (who playes pd in turbo mode?)

graphics- i dunno now they could be better than what they are, and graphics don't make a game either (grand theif auto)

now the gameplay pd wins by a mile cause its just way better, it handles better, the guns are wayyyyyy better, and the single player is better,harder and way more fun.

If you have any other arugments then just thrown them cause you haven't played both and until you do you can't say.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.