GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hong Kong Legends"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 22:06
Regular
Just recently I have become interested in the "Hong Kong Legends" collection on DVD. I bought the intro to HKL feat. (Hitman) (the movie, not the game) and it is actually quite good so is anyone else interested in this series. If there is, what do you reckon are the best ones to get? And where do you get them from?

Thanks.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Go to:

www.hongkonglegends.co.uk

They have an offer on right now where most of their DVDs are only a tenner.

Or try Play. They have a HKL promotion on right now.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
O.K guys thanks for all the replies, ill try most of those out, just the problem of trying to find them now.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Vottanator wrote:

> Bruce Lee: All of them but best are Way of the Dragon and Fist of
> Fury.

I meant Way of the Dragon and Game of Death. But Fist of Fury is still brilliant.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
If you thought Hitman was good then you're gonna love some of the other ones because Hitman isn't really that good at all.

It depends what you want though. For serious martial arts you should go for the Bruce Lee films. Comedy then you simply MUST get Project A with Jackie Chan. It absolutely rules and is probably my favourite Chan movie.

Anyway, here's a quick list of the best ones I've come across.

Bruce Lee: All of them but best are Way of the Dragon and Fist of Fury.

Jackie Chan: Project A, Police Story 1 & 2, City Hunter

And then you have to get The Prodigal Son too with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao. It's brilliant.

And yeah, The Killer is out now and I MUST buy it. Try to get a hold of Hard Boiled too. Another John Woo/Chow Yun Fat film. Not on the HKL label but still worth a purchase.

Oh and don't buy any of the Once Upon a Time in China series yet. There's a box set coming out in November which looks really cool and only costs around 25-30 quid.
Wed 23/10/02 at 19:19
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Yeah, you should get some Jackie Chan or Jet Li films! Bruce Lee ones are cool to. You should really try and avoid those new American ones! Apart from Rush Hour 1/2 the other American Films are quite lame!

The accidental Spy from Chan is very good, so are the older Jet Li films, Like The Legend, Once Upon A Time, Fist Of Legend, Jackie Chan titles like Who Am I, Drunken Master, and many many more great titles out there.

I love Martial Arts films!
Wed 23/10/02 at 01:38
Regular
"oaps.org"
Game of death is well worth getting. Bruce Lee's original footage (most of which was cut from the released movie) on the extras is absolutely amazing. what with the other of Lee's movies being in their uncut form they are a must buy (then you can throw away those awful 4front videotape versions)
Wed 23/10/02 at 00:23
Regular
Get all the Bruce Lee ones especially Game of Death and Fist of Fury. Other I would highly recommend are Eastern Condors, Iron Monkey, Once Upon a time in China 1-3.

Oh and John Woo's 'The Killer' is supposed to be getting a release soon, that's a must buy.
Tue 22/10/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Just recently I have become interested in the "Hong Kong Legends" collection on DVD. I bought the intro to HKL feat. (Hitman) (the movie, not the game) and it is actually quite good so is anyone else interested in this series. If there is, what do you reckon are the best ones to get? And where do you get them from?

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.