GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What has happened to Christmas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 21:06
Regular
Is it just me, or has Christmas gone downhill?

What are we going to do this Christmas?

(The same thing we do every Christmas Grix... buy loads of crap.)

That's the point though, WHERE is the crap?

There aren't many decent games out, OK the PS2 is out, but who wants that? : )

There are no films on at the cinema, there is, on whole, nothing to be excited about.

Although... there are some great films coming out now, especially on DVD.

First off: Fight Club, a modern day play.
Second: American Beauty, I really want to see this film.
Third: The Star Wars Trilogy has been released, YAY!

There are loads more.

But still, apart from Shenmue, MSR, Zelda, there aren't that many games, especially on PC, to get excited about at all.

So, when are the good games coming out? I don't really want to wait.

And why aren't there any out for Christmas? Can't people be bothered anymore?

(Perhaps they didn't want to compete with the PS2?)

Or perhaps the games industry is dying?

(That... actually, makes a lot of sense.)

Where ARE all the games? Last year we were plastered in them, on all consoles, and ESPECIALLY PC!!

I want my games.
Mon 04/12/00 at 13:25
"possibly impossible"
Why not use christmas as a time to get reaquainted with all those old games you never play anymore? Or get that old Atari VCS or 8-bit computer down from the loft and dust it off for a bit of the 'christmas past' expeience?

I had a look at my pile of DC/N64/PS games the other day and realised that I should be happy with what I have already, instead of reading all those new games mags and seeing all the glossy pictures of shiny new gam....arrrrrrrggghhhhh, they're getting to me again!!
Mon 04/12/00 at 11:21
Regular
"not dead"
Xmas?

3 weeks today. I'm looking forward to it. Not for what I'm getting myself, it's just that my daughter Malibu will be about 16 months old, and will really enjoy it this year.

Personally I'm not sure what I'm getting, I overheard my wife telling someone that she was going to give me the best socks ever. Hopefully I misheard her.....

Oh and yes, I don't think that there is the same quality or quantity of games out this year, especially for the N64, or PC.
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well I've got Smackdown 2 to keep me happy, as well as The World Is Not Enough, Deus Ex and maybe Driver 2.
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:18
Regular
Enough good games will keep me happy!
Sun 03/12/00 at 22:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You need a dreamcast mate ;-)
Plenty for owners of that machine to be happy about.
If you get the latest official dreamcast magazine, you even get a demo containing a Toy Commander christmas level thats only on demo disks to play, so you can get all in the mood for christmas :-)

Who needs to watch The Snowman when you've got that huh ? ;-))
Sun 03/12/00 at 21:06
Regular
Is it just me, or has Christmas gone downhill?

What are we going to do this Christmas?

(The same thing we do every Christmas Grix... buy loads of crap.)

That's the point though, WHERE is the crap?

There aren't many decent games out, OK the PS2 is out, but who wants that? : )

There are no films on at the cinema, there is, on whole, nothing to be excited about.

Although... there are some great films coming out now, especially on DVD.

First off: Fight Club, a modern day play.
Second: American Beauty, I really want to see this film.
Third: The Star Wars Trilogy has been released, YAY!

There are loads more.

But still, apart from Shenmue, MSR, Zelda, there aren't that many games, especially on PC, to get excited about at all.

So, when are the good games coming out? I don't really want to wait.

And why aren't there any out for Christmas? Can't people be bothered anymore?

(Perhaps they didn't want to compete with the PS2?)

Or perhaps the games industry is dying?

(That... actually, makes a lot of sense.)

Where ARE all the games? Last year we were plastered in them, on all consoles, and ESPECIALLY PC!!

I want my games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.