GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW Do Or Die: Intercontinental Title - DDP (c) Vs Kurt Angle"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 19:56
Regular
Howard Finkel: "This is an Intercontinental Championship match. It will be scheduled for one fall. Either man can win by only by pin, submission or disqualification although if the win is by disqualification, the champion will retain his belt.

Angles music hits and the Olympic Gold Medallist (Grandprix) walks down the ramp. Fireworks go off as Angle turns around and starts walking backwards with his arms in the air. The fans chant "You Suck!" to his music. Angle enters the ring.

"ITS ME, ITS ME, ITS D - D - P!". DDPs music hits and Page (Figo) walks down the ramp with a smile on his face. DDP enters the ring and as he is giving his Intercontinental championship belt to the Ref, Angle attacks him from behind with a clothesline.

Angle stomps on DDP a few times while he is down, but Referee Nick Patrick pushes him away and says "Wait for the bell".

The bell rings and Angle runs straight back at DDP looking for another clothesline but Page reverses the move into a drop toe hold. Angle jumps straight back up to be knocked back down again by a clothesline.

As Angle (Grandprix) arises once again, DDP grabs him and looks for an early Diamond Cutter but Angle reverses it into a German Suplex. Page gets back up but Angle executes a perfect belly-to-belly suplex on him. Page doesn't get up from this one, so Angle starts stomping away on him.

Angle turns around and starts taunting the crowd. Page slowly gets up and as Angle turns back around, Page runs at him with a clothesline. Angle is knocked down and Page falls to the floor, using the time to recover. Both men are down as the referee starts counting:

Angle slowly gets to his feet, as does Page. They start exchanging punches, slowly. Page gets the best of it, taking Angle into the corner. He pushes Angle up onto the top of the turnbuckle and grabs his head. DDP signals for the Diamond Cutter from the top of the turnbuckle!

Angle manages to push Page away but Page is knocked into the referee, Nick Patrick (Hybrid Valves). The Ref is down and out as Angle gets down from the turnbuckle, goes up to the back of DDP and gets the ANGLE SLAM!

Page is down and Angle goes for the cover, but the referee is down. The lights go out and Angle gets up looking confused.

The lights come back on and standing behind Angle is Someone with a mask on!?! Who is it?!

Angle turns around only to be hit by multiple hard punches. Angle tries to fight back but it's no use. The masked man then delivers the ANGLE SLAM to Angle!!

The masked man runs out of the arena, through the crowd as DDP rolls over into the cover and the Ref slowly wakes up and starts counting:

Oh, but Angle somehow kicks out at the last split second! The question is though, "How much damage has the masked man delivered to Angle?".

DDP is at his feet beside Angle signalling for the Diamond Cutter once again. Angle slowly gets to his feet and Page sets him up for the Diamond Cutter but somehow, Angle rolls over DDP into the ANKLE LOCK. Will Page Tap Out?!!

It is clear Page is in a large amount of pain but he's not giving up. Page tries to move over, nearer to the ropes but Angle, too strong, keeps Page in the middle of the ring.

Surprisingly, somehow, Page manages to roll over Angle into a pin! The Ref counts:

Oh, but Angle kicks out! Both men are quickly back to their feet because they know whats on the line in this match.

Angle suplexes Page and this sets Page up perfectly for the moonsault from the top of the turnbuckle. As Angle is in the air, Page rolls out the way and jumps to his feet. He's looking for the DIAMOND CUTTER! He Hits It!

Angle looks like he's down for the count as the Ref starts counting:

It's Amazing! Angle kicks out!

The Olympic Gold Medallist is down and Page goes for Angles signature move, the ANKLE LOCK! He gets it. Will Angle tap out to his own finishing move?!

NO! Somehow Angle manages to roll over DDP into the pin:

A near count. Both men get to their feet, but Angle strolls straight out the ring looking for a chair. He gets one and re-enters the ring.

He pulls back the chair behind his head, but Referee Nick Patrick (Hybrid Valves) grabs the chair. This distracts Angle allowing DDP to get the advantage. Page (Figo) somehow manages to pull off another DIAMOND CUTTER!

Angle looks like he's out for the count as Page climbs to the top turnbuckle. He jumps from the top turnbuckle and somehow manages to hit the moonsault. He does this straight into the cover:

3! Thats the end for Angles (Grandprix) I.C. Championship hopes but who was that masked man? Tune into Smackdown! next week, and you just might find out!
Tue 22/10/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Howard Finkel: "This is an Intercontinental Championship match. It will be scheduled for one fall. Either man can win by only by pin, submission or disqualification although if the win is by disqualification, the champion will retain his belt.

Angles music hits and the Olympic Gold Medallist (Grandprix) walks down the ramp. Fireworks go off as Angle turns around and starts walking backwards with his arms in the air. The fans chant "You Suck!" to his music. Angle enters the ring.

"ITS ME, ITS ME, ITS D - D - P!". DDPs music hits and Page (Figo) walks down the ramp with a smile on his face. DDP enters the ring and as he is giving his Intercontinental championship belt to the Ref, Angle attacks him from behind with a clothesline.

Angle stomps on DDP a few times while he is down, but Referee Nick Patrick pushes him away and says "Wait for the bell".

The bell rings and Angle runs straight back at DDP looking for another clothesline but Page reverses the move into a drop toe hold. Angle jumps straight back up to be knocked back down again by a clothesline.

As Angle (Grandprix) arises once again, DDP grabs him and looks for an early Diamond Cutter but Angle reverses it into a German Suplex. Page gets back up but Angle executes a perfect belly-to-belly suplex on him. Page doesn't get up from this one, so Angle starts stomping away on him.

Angle turns around and starts taunting the crowd. Page slowly gets up and as Angle turns back around, Page runs at him with a clothesline. Angle is knocked down and Page falls to the floor, using the time to recover. Both men are down as the referee starts counting:

Angle slowly gets to his feet, as does Page. They start exchanging punches, slowly. Page gets the best of it, taking Angle into the corner. He pushes Angle up onto the top of the turnbuckle and grabs his head. DDP signals for the Diamond Cutter from the top of the turnbuckle!

Angle manages to push Page away but Page is knocked into the referee, Nick Patrick (Hybrid Valves). The Ref is down and out as Angle gets down from the turnbuckle, goes up to the back of DDP and gets the ANGLE SLAM!

Page is down and Angle goes for the cover, but the referee is down. The lights go out and Angle gets up looking confused.

The lights come back on and standing behind Angle is Someone with a mask on!?! Who is it?!

Angle turns around only to be hit by multiple hard punches. Angle tries to fight back but it's no use. The masked man then delivers the ANGLE SLAM to Angle!!

The masked man runs out of the arena, through the crowd as DDP rolls over into the cover and the Ref slowly wakes up and starts counting:

Oh, but Angle somehow kicks out at the last split second! The question is though, "How much damage has the masked man delivered to Angle?".

DDP is at his feet beside Angle signalling for the Diamond Cutter once again. Angle slowly gets to his feet and Page sets him up for the Diamond Cutter but somehow, Angle rolls over DDP into the ANKLE LOCK. Will Page Tap Out?!!

It is clear Page is in a large amount of pain but he's not giving up. Page tries to move over, nearer to the ropes but Angle, too strong, keeps Page in the middle of the ring.

Surprisingly, somehow, Page manages to roll over Angle into a pin! The Ref counts:

Oh, but Angle kicks out! Both men are quickly back to their feet because they know whats on the line in this match.

Angle suplexes Page and this sets Page up perfectly for the moonsault from the top of the turnbuckle. As Angle is in the air, Page rolls out the way and jumps to his feet. He's looking for the DIAMOND CUTTER! He Hits It!

Angle looks like he's down for the count as the Ref starts counting:

It's Amazing! Angle kicks out!

The Olympic Gold Medallist is down and Page goes for Angles signature move, the ANKLE LOCK! He gets it. Will Angle tap out to his own finishing move?!

NO! Somehow Angle manages to roll over DDP into the pin:

A near count. Both men get to their feet, but Angle strolls straight out the ring looking for a chair. He gets one and re-enters the ring.

He pulls back the chair behind his head, but Referee Nick Patrick (Hybrid Valves) grabs the chair. This distracts Angle allowing DDP to get the advantage. Page (Figo) somehow manages to pull off another DIAMOND CUTTER!

Angle looks like he's out for the count as Page climbs to the top turnbuckle. He jumps from the top turnbuckle and somehow manages to hit the moonsault. He does this straight into the cover:

3! Thats the end for Angles (Grandprix) I.C. Championship hopes but who was that masked man? Tune into Smackdown! next week, and you just might find out!
Tue 22/10/02 at 21:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hehe, a lot of reasons to like that match. I loved the near falls - lots of them, and if you use my method of scrolling down then it really makes the match more enjoyable. At least twice I thought the match had been won but nope, there was a kick-out. Also enjoyed the ending, imagining Page (Figo) doing a Moonsault.

Very good effort considering it's your first official match.

Congrats to Figo as DDP, still SRW IC Champion, and next week on Eclipse I'll make sure Jericho15 gets his chance to reveal the masked man, or continue the mystery.
Tue 22/10/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
DDP can go on his nostalgia trip for now but Angle will win the Intercontinental title!
Wed 23/10/02 at 10:58
Regular
"bWo > You"
I can't see any way of Angle NOT getting the title eventually, because although DDP has his Diamond Cutter, Angle has so much more.

(Great match, btw. I would have liked to see DDP connect with a Diamond Cutter while Kurt was in mid-air, coming down from his moonsault, though)
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Grandprix wrote:
> DDP can go on his nostalgia trip for now but Angle will win the
> Intercontinental title!

I was going to make Angle win it but as I was writing it, I decided DDP should win.....don't really know why!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.