GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else having problems getting a faulty Playstation 2 replaced by Sony?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 17:23
Regular
Hi,

I was one of the lucky (unlucky?) ones who got their console
on launch day from Game. I had to go to work so I picked up
my machine on the way in to work, and then left work early for what I thought was going to be an extended gaming session with my new toy. Unfortunately for me, the machine was faulty. It's DVD drive doesn't spin, and it doesn't recognise discs of any sort. I spent an hour on the phone to both Game Ltd and Sony trying to get them to replace the machine. GAME said that they had no spares. Sony said that they would courier me a replacement on Wednesday 29th Nov.
I had to leave on a business trip to Canada (I'm still there now as I type!) on the Sunday, so I left instruction with the folks at home to carryout the exchange. I rang home on Wednesday evening and tho & behold, no courier turned up.
I called Sony on Thursday and they were unable to provide any sensible explanation as to what had happened. They said that the package assignment note or something had gone missing, so they don't know where the machine went. They also said I couldn't get another machine until Thursday next week! (7th December).
I'm extremely p*ssed off - I'll be back in the U.K. before then, and I have absolutely no confidence that the machine will indeed arrive, given that they couldn't adequately explain where the other replacement machine went - and they've got my £300. And if it just didn't get dispatched, why couldn't they just send it out when I called?

Has anyone else successfully had there machine exchanged by Sony?
I'd appreciate any replies.
Fri 08/08/08 at 10:38
Regular
Cancer rates elevated after Hyperthyroid Treatment

breatcancer.org (2007, Reuters Health) reported that patients treated with radioactive iodine showed a 53 percent increase in incidences of breast cancer. Having had both this treatment and later breast cancer I wondered if anyone else had had both.
Fri 08/12/00 at 14:52
"High polygon count"
According to the guy in Game, when I picked up mine on 24th, faulty unit replacement is a high priority with Sony.
Fri 08/12/00 at 14:29
Just in case anyone else is still in the same situation as I was in - my replcement PS2 finally arrived yesterday.
For those who still haven't got there preordered machines, this probably means that there is now a plentiful supply as I should imagine I was rather low down the list of priorities. So I think everyone who's preordered should now get one for Xmas.
Mon 04/12/00 at 02:14
well one machine that we know of here isn't much of a deal
Sun 03/12/00 at 21:15
Regular
This was the same thing that was reported in America when the PS2 was released there. It was well covered over though.
Sun 03/12/00 at 17:23
Hi,

I was one of the lucky (unlucky?) ones who got their console
on launch day from Game. I had to go to work so I picked up
my machine on the way in to work, and then left work early for what I thought was going to be an extended gaming session with my new toy. Unfortunately for me, the machine was faulty. It's DVD drive doesn't spin, and it doesn't recognise discs of any sort. I spent an hour on the phone to both Game Ltd and Sony trying to get them to replace the machine. GAME said that they had no spares. Sony said that they would courier me a replacement on Wednesday 29th Nov.
I had to leave on a business trip to Canada (I'm still there now as I type!) on the Sunday, so I left instruction with the folks at home to carryout the exchange. I rang home on Wednesday evening and tho & behold, no courier turned up.
I called Sony on Thursday and they were unable to provide any sensible explanation as to what had happened. They said that the package assignment note or something had gone missing, so they don't know where the machine went. They also said I couldn't get another machine until Thursday next week! (7th December).
I'm extremely p*ssed off - I'll be back in the U.K. before then, and I have absolutely no confidence that the machine will indeed arrive, given that they couldn't adequately explain where the other replacement machine went - and they've got my £300. And if it just didn't get dispatched, why couldn't they just send it out when I called?

Has anyone else successfully had there machine exchanged by Sony?
I'd appreciate any replies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.