GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone remember the intellivision?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 16:13
Regular
Does anyone ever remember the intellivision?
It was the first console I ever had, with cartridges. It wsa amazing. I think I still have it upstairs in the attic, and I thiunk it still works. It had brilliant 'TV remote' style controllers with foil buttons, and had classic games like Cops and Robbers, pong, frogger, and ohters that I can't seem to remember at the moment. I think it was the basis of my love for video games, and mr brothers and I used to spend hours on it just playing some really simple, yet fantastic (games for their era).
Surely there must be some other people out there who shared this joy of the intellivision???
Sun 03/12/00 at 16:13
Does anyone ever remember the intellivision?
It was the first console I ever had, with cartridges. It wsa amazing. I think I still have it upstairs in the attic, and I thiunk it still works. It had brilliant 'TV remote' style controllers with foil buttons, and had classic games like Cops and Robbers, pong, frogger, and ohters that I can't seem to remember at the moment. I think it was the basis of my love for video games, and mr brothers and I used to spend hours on it just playing some really simple, yet fantastic (games for their era).
Surely there must be some other people out there who shared this joy of the intellivision???
Mon 04/12/00 at 16:31
Regular
It seems not, Mr Neil, and all your Mr Brothers...
: )
Mon 04/12/00 at 18:55
Alas, this gem of a console has not seen the light of many people's hearts (does that make sense?)...
Mon 04/12/00 at 19:35
Regular
No.
Wed 20/12/00 at 17:42
Regular
I do remember this console and believe that mine is still in the house somewhere. I remember the controls pad and the disc joypad kinda thing, the best game was Lock and Chase, absolute classic. There was also a flying game which me and brother spent out childhood playing. Dogfight I belive !!!

Mr Neil wrote:
> Does anyone ever remember the intellivision?
> It was the first console I ever had, with cartridges. It wsa
> amazing. I think I still have it upstairs in the attic, and I
> thiunk it still works. It had brilliant 'TV remote' style
> controllers with foil buttons, and had classic games like Cops and
> Robbers, pong, frogger, and ohters that I can't seem to remember
> at the moment. I think it was the basis of my love for video
> games, and mr brothers and I used to spend hours on it just
> playing some really simple, yet fantastic (games for their era).
> Surely there must be some other people out there who shared this
> joy of the intellivision???
Sat 23/12/00 at 19:44
Wow, i'm glad someone else remembers this old console
For a minute I thought I dreamt the whole thing up, phew
Sat 23/12/00 at 19:44
Wow, i'm glad someone else remembers this old console
For a minute I thought I dreamt the whole thing up, phew
Sun 21/01/01 at 22:10
The controllers looked cool, but are absolutely dreadful to use.

If Sony released a machine with these controllers nowadays, 3 or 4 years along the line, some bright spark would sue them for Repetitive Strain Injury ;)

Cheers
Richard
Mon 22/01/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Aye... way back when the console wars were between Intellivision and Atari... which although the Intellivision was a better system, and were still being sold until around '88 for 20 pounds or so, commercially the Atari 2600 won.

Possibly it was because the console came with paddles (usful for pong, byt little else) whilst the atari came with an two odd kinda Joysticks...

Atari only really came unstuck when they release the Atari 2600 with E.T. the extra terrestrial game pack, which rather alike the Sinclair C5 still fill up warehouses around the world.
Fri 08/08/08 at 10:37
Regular
My story.

Diagnosed: St Patrick’s day 2006.

Mother’s day treat spent at Hampton court – I ached all day, not physically but emotionally. I am amazed how well I hid it. I wondered how many more mothers’ days I’ll see.

Cancer diagnose was a death sentence to me. I didn’t know you could survive. It was, well how long have I got? My grandmother and her sister died from it. I had lost a friend to it a month previous. A work college had just lost his wife. That was what I knew of breast cancer.

They gave me two weeks to think about a mastectomy. What was there to think about? Surely no one would be mad enough to keep a breast which had cancer in it.

After my mastectomy all I wanted was normality. Everyone said I was so brave and strong, going back to work, looking good, being positive. Perhaps I was, but I just wanted normality.

The initial effect - Of course I can live with one breast I’m just lucky to be here…..

But it faded. I couldn’t hang on to the feel good ‘I’m lucky to be here’ feeling.

A rollercoaster of emotions; loss of confidence; lots of too deep thinking; research, discussion, talking, looking at pictures with Breast Care Nurse, Then another scare in my healthy breast…..turns out to be a benign cyst.

Reconstruction please and I don’t want my healthy breast either, you can get rid of that for starters.

3 months, later removal of healthy breast and immediate reconstruction on right.

Went back to work too quickly, got very tired, sunk into big black hole, so much I’ve been through so much more ahead. Time moves incredible fast. Frustration at how long it is all taking…..A year later finally reconstruction of missing left breast.

How do I feel 2 months later as I’m recovering, early days but Free, Strong, Confident, like someone has given me back my breast and it was all a bad dream.
SJ

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.