GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to get money this Christmas games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/12/00 at 15:48
Regular
People of the gaming world have been starved in terms of cash ,me too have that aged old problem of the cash flow crisis.I mean it is so sad to see that game in the shop window crying your name and you know you cant afford it.Those rainy days when you scan the streets looking for a 5 pound note,it is the desperate measures of a gamer to acheive his goal and these are some methods I have collected together to give to you...

1.Scan the back of sofas looking for lost change because you know that it is always there it is just a case of finding it,You and your parents have the same problem,we all loss the odd quid to the demon that is the cushion,so seek and you shall find.

2.Open yourChristmas cards early that you know have got money in them from your relatives ,cause you never know some nans give big bucks in the christmas season(not mine)but some do.If you suck up to those people you might just become lucky and be able to but the game.

3.The old classic,sing on doorsteps those christmas carols that raise the hearts of the few.Any old tune will do like jingle bells or holy night,then at the end shove a pot under their noses and smile,they might empty their pockets and fill the pot with silver goodness.

These are a sure fire methods of acheiving that goalto get Shenmue or Driver2 or any other game.Take in mind though it is the season to give so why not give to yourself,earn and spend that precious silver on a game,go on you know you want to.Merry Christmas.
Thu 18/09/08 at 14:11
Regular
I have some positive moments, some painful times, some funny events and some touching moments but not much that makes a very good story. Or maybe I’m not much of a story teller. I did expect my life to change in some way and was surprised how easily everything goes back to normal. I agree with you about reconstruction –it feels like I’ve got my body back and I do not focus at all on the scars.

I read 2 books, that one and the one they give me in hospital. During my early treatment I found it hard to read about cancer and later when I did find I could it had become irrelevant to me. I wish I didn’t feel quilt about getting cancer but I do, The first thing I said to my husband after telling him I have been diagnosed was ‘ Sorry’ Sorry for getting cancer and all I was going to put him and my family through.

How’s your chemo going? Nearly there? Have you got expanding implants? I had that. I have just returned to work. It’s been hard getting used to working again- hence I haven’t been on my website for a few weeks.
SJ
Fri 05/09/08 at 13:54
Regular
Hi,

I am stil new to all the breast cancer thing (diagnosed April 08) but one thing I didn't do so far was to read any book about it. i don't think I will.

I don't want uplifting stories, I do not consider myself "brave", I am not expecting my take in life to change and there are 2 things that I do not feel at all:

1 - Guilt
Why? 1 in 2 will get cancer. Some are smokers, drinkers, never had children,, etc, etc, others are teetotal, very into organic stuff. So, what's the logic behind this?

2 - Regret for having a reconstruction. Why? I want my boobs back, I want my body back, I don't like scars and I am not obssessed by the media or the male world. I just like my body the way it was and if I can have that back...
Fri 08/08/08 at 10:36
Regular
‘Audre Lorde’ in her book ‘The Cancer Journals’ (1997) voices her feelings on mastectomy and society’s response to it. How the society we live in perhaps pressures women into feeling the need to hide behind prostheses or go thorough the process of reconstruction, cutting up other parts of their bodies to replace the lost breast. She is of the opinion we should all be able to show ourselves as we are and not feel we have to conform to a body shape. However, she admits this is no easy thing as the world is not ready for us to be so bold. Would you be able to go out one breasted? Is the world ready yet to except you this way? In her book she talks about social and economic discrimination (women reporting loss of jobs and promotions after mastectomy) whether or not they wore prostheses. (p68) She wrote in her journal:

I cannot wear a prosthesis right now because it feels like a lie more than merely a costume, and I have already placed this, my body under threat, seeking new ways of strength and trying to find the courage to tell the truth. (p62)

In my opinion ‘Audre Lorde’ does have an extreme view against reconstruction which I could not wholly agree with, but the book did provide some thoughts that helped me when considering my own mastectomy and reconstruction.

To me the loss of my breast was a disfigurement like any loss of a body part and less about my womanliness, which I felt extended beyond having breasts. I felt silly having one breast; I think I would have coped better with none rather than with the unbalance of only one. I felt being total flat would have been easier as I would have, being slim, appeared flat-chested. It was the imbalance in appearance I found unacceptable. So it wasn’t hard for me to take the risk and have my healthy breast removed and reconstructed for security against cancer first before reconstructing my missing breast. If it went wrong I would simple lived in vests (actually not wearing a bra might have been quiet liberating?!)

On another slant ‘Audre Lorde’ mentions the guilt women feel about things that happen to us, for example, feeling that rape or illness has some how been brought on by ones self. I did and still do feel that getting cancer has been because of something I did or didn’t do. I also find that this is some times reinforced by attitudes towards me and my cancer. SJ
Sun 03/12/00 at 16:01
Regular
Arghhh!!!! Not now!!! Not of all days!!!
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
You don't mean.....?? No, you can't mean.....!!

NEWBIE ALERT....POTENTIAL GAMEADAY WINNER....NEWBIE ALERT

Is that what you meant?

:-)
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:51
Regular
And of course, there is that other thing of getting things free as well...

Now, what could that be...
Sun 03/12/00 at 15:48
People of the gaming world have been starved in terms of cash ,me too have that aged old problem of the cash flow crisis.I mean it is so sad to see that game in the shop window crying your name and you know you cant afford it.Those rainy days when you scan the streets looking for a 5 pound note,it is the desperate measures of a gamer to acheive his goal and these are some methods I have collected together to give to you...

1.Scan the back of sofas looking for lost change because you know that it is always there it is just a case of finding it,You and your parents have the same problem,we all loss the odd quid to the demon that is the cushion,so seek and you shall find.

2.Open yourChristmas cards early that you know have got money in them from your relatives ,cause you never know some nans give big bucks in the christmas season(not mine)but some do.If you suck up to those people you might just become lucky and be able to but the game.

3.The old classic,sing on doorsteps those christmas carols that raise the hearts of the few.Any old tune will do like jingle bells or holy night,then at the end shove a pot under their noses and smile,they might empty their pockets and fill the pot with silver goodness.

These are a sure fire methods of acheiving that goalto get Shenmue or Driver2 or any other game.Take in mind though it is the season to give so why not give to yourself,earn and spend that precious silver on a game,go on you know you want to.Merry Christmas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.