GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"video games into movies?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/08 at 04:54
Regular
"no,not a sandwich!"
does anyone else think most good games that are made into movies are really crappy! have you seen alone in the dark? i hope not. there are some good ones like silent hill or resident evil, but there is still all the bad ones.....opinions please!
Sun 10/08/08 at 09:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
Shepps 123 wrote:
> There is a Halo film currently being made, not sure how it'll
> work though since the master cheif doesn't say an awful lot but,
> you never know, trailer snippets look pretty good.

i believe that has been shelved or delayed indefinelty if i remember correctly.

Mind you the max payne movie looks promised from the trailers. But of course thats what trailers do. Chances are this movie will be medicore to rubbish at best.
Sun 10/08/08 at 00:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
The 'Gears Of War' movie has every chance to be great fun.Die Hard 4 & Underworld director Len Wiseman is believed to be at the helm.

'Streetfighter' & 'Super Mario Bros.' were probably the two worst game based films I have seen.
Sun 10/08/08 at 00:13
Regular
SIlent Hill was probably the best, Doom was another appaling film which could of been good, i am just in the middle of watching 'alone in the dark' movie but that is not looking too good either
Sat 09/08/08 at 23:32
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
There is a Halo film currently being made, not sure how it'll work though since the master cheif doesn't say an awful lot but, you never know, trailer snippets look pretty good.
Sat 09/08/08 at 23:17
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Yerp, Silent Hill was pretty good. I cant think of another decent conversion though.

Urgh now i remember how disappointed i was with FF - The Spirits Within.
Sat 09/08/08 at 23:04
Regular
I thought Silent Hill was deese.
Sat 09/08/08 at 22:44
Regular
"eat toast!"
the reason why these movies are rubbish is because of a few things:

1. Hollywood butchers 75% they touch and games are an excellent case in point. They're clueless as to how to make one releated to a game and instead decided to make something immensely crap instead adapting it in the hope to make it interesting to everyone. Hitman, i'm looking at you. I'll put money everytime that a movie based on a video game will be rubbish through and through.

2. The game stories are rubbish. Admit it, the stories are generic and seem to be like b movie plots. The reason why we feel that the game plot was good is because of the players involvement in them. Bioshock had an interesting back story and ideas but they only work because they revolve around the player half of the time. It won't be as effective if you saw someone doing it. The bioshock movie will also suck BTW.

3.Crap movie directors. Uwe boll you prat stop making rubbish movies. Postal, AITD, dungeon siege, far cry. Stop your crimes now. Your movies are instruments of torture and could prolong wars.
Fri 08/08/08 at 09:24
"possibly impossible"
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I think this thread would have a better reply in the games or movies forums, though. The question has been asked a few times recently.

Some films work and some do not, I loved Mortal Kombat and the first Resident Evil movie was ok.

The better movies tend to be those that use games as a basis for the movie but aren't actually based on a game themselves.
Fri 08/08/08 at 04:54
Regular
"no,not a sandwich!"
does anyone else think most good games that are made into movies are really crappy! have you seen alone in the dark? i hope not. there are some good ones like silent hill or resident evil, but there is still all the bad ones.....opinions please!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.