GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"need traffic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/08/08 at 21:31
Regular
ive just made a website, and it really appeals to me but im struggling to get members even though its free to join, I have no idea about lists or mass mailing and really havent got deep pockets to spend thousands on programs for promotion. Im just curious about what attracts you to particular websites like mine or is it much as i suspect just a case of keep pushing and it will happen any thoughts let me know
thanx
jon

[LINK=http://missme.org.uk]missme.org.uk
Wed 05/11/08 at 18:03
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Moderators don't have the power to edit posts other than the original one. I don't think this has ever been any different.

I think the idea is that staff edit posts only when necessary.
Enjoy your powers! :)
Wed 05/11/08 at 14:06
"Are you sure?"
web care wrote:
> I know a guy that caters excellent services of the above post.
> You can contact him via [email protected]
>
> Thanks, kunal

Hi kunal - probably best not to post the email address of someone you 'know' on a forum in case they start to receive a lot of SPAM!!!

Note for Freeola:
NB. I tried to use my new 'Moderator' powers for the first time, to remove the email address from "web care's" post but I don't seem to have the option to EDIT the post only DELETE it.

"Moderator Powers: Bar User | Delete Post | Make Thread Sticky"

It looks as if I can EDIT the first post in a thread but not the following ones. Unless I'm missing something could this be added at EDIT is probably a useful option for moderation.

Thanks,
Hmmm...
Search Freeola Chat
Sun 05/10/08 at 19:41
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
the tracker that i spoke of below will give you percentages of what browsers and screen resolutions all your visitors are using which will help you decide the best resolutions for your website, ie 39% of my visitors use 1280 x 1024 resolutions.

extreme tracking

you have built your website in 1440 x ??? resolutions, which is what i run my monitor at and your website fits my screen prefect, but to be honest is to wide, 1024 or 1280 wide is a good measure.

digitrader is right in saying visitors dont expect to scroll from left to right to view a page and they will find this annoying.
Sun 05/10/08 at 15:28
Regular
The colours or fonts dont upset me, but I have a big flat screen monitor and scrolling from left to right does upset me, I expect to scroll down a page to read it but not scroll left to right.

Digi
Sun 05/10/08 at 04:05
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
a tracker is a great way of watching what traffic your site generates, have a look at www.extremetracking.com its free
or i think i'm right in saying freeola offer a tracking service through a vip add on package for a few quid www.freeola.com/web-hosting/
Mon 18/08/08 at 19:35
Regular
Golly! No offence, but your site seems a little old school in many ways - very in your face. Just my opinion but it would be far more likely to keep my attention if the text was a more normal size and there was less contrast between the many colours.

I know how difficult it is to attract traffic but it is usually content that google and others can spider that draws people.

Even then, it can be very frustrating when people search for what you offer and then don't stay.

I set my site up (abou27.com over a year ago now and it is only just starting to get going really.

So, stick with it and you never know where you'll end up.

I'd recommend using some kind of tracking to see what people who visit your site were looking for and where they came from so that you can tailor it more to what people want.

Good luck.
Thu 07/08/08 at 21:31
Regular
ive just made a website, and it really appeals to me but im struggling to get members even though its free to join, I have no idea about lists or mass mailing and really havent got deep pockets to spend thousands on programs for promotion. Im just curious about what attracts you to particular websites like mine or is it much as i suspect just a case of keep pushing and it will happen any thoughts let me know
thanx
jon

[LINK=http://missme.org.uk]missme.org.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.