GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lineker fronts Leicester takeover bid"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/10/02 at 10:24
Regular
Gary Lineker is spearheading a consortium bidding to take control of cash-strapped Leicester.

The Foxes have applied to the High Court to be placed into administration.

Leicester last week agreed a wage deferment package with their players in a bid to ease their financial problems.

The club's Plc chairman Greg Clarke revealed that they had come close to reaching agreement with creditors after meetings over the weekend but late problems left administration as the best option.

He said: "Whilst this is a severe setback for the club it does not mean the end of Leicester City."

Administration will give the club the opportunity to restructure their finances and discuss a possible takeover with Lineker's consortium.

His consortium has the backing of both Clarke and football club chairman Martin George. A press conference regarding the issue will be held on Wednesday.

Clarke added: "The objective of the consortia will be to buy Leicester City as a going concern from the administrator and to back Micky Adams and the team in their quest for promotion.

"Progress on the formation of the consortia and the timelines involved in buying the club out of administration and into private ownership will be reported back as soon as is possible.

"In the meantime I would encourage the people of Leicestershire to get behind both the fund-raising activity and to support the team through this difficult time."

I think this is fantastic news, what do you lot think?
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:24
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Gary Lineker is spearheading a consortium bidding to take control of cash-strapped Leicester.

The Foxes have applied to the High Court to be placed into administration.

Leicester last week agreed a wage deferment package with their players in a bid to ease their financial problems.

The club's Plc chairman Greg Clarke revealed that they had come close to reaching agreement with creditors after meetings over the weekend but late problems left administration as the best option.

He said: "Whilst this is a severe setback for the club it does not mean the end of Leicester City."

Administration will give the club the opportunity to restructure their finances and discuss a possible takeover with Lineker's consortium.

His consortium has the backing of both Clarke and football club chairman Martin George. A press conference regarding the issue will be held on Wednesday.

Clarke added: "The objective of the consortia will be to buy Leicester City as a going concern from the administrator and to back Micky Adams and the team in their quest for promotion.

"Progress on the formation of the consortia and the timelines involved in buying the club out of administration and into private ownership will be reported back as soon as is possible.

"In the meantime I would encourage the people of Leicestershire to get behind both the fund-raising activity and to support the team through this difficult time."

I think this is fantastic news, what do you lot think?
Mon 21/10/02 at 10:27
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I got this information from NTL:HOME.
Mon 21/10/02 at 13:54
Regular
"Bobba you"
It is great news. To us City fans that is :-)
Mon 21/10/02 at 16:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
That is good news - for you Leicester fans anyway. :)

You may finally have someone in-charge who really cares about the club.

Hopefully though, he won't be a complete idiot like that guy who just brought the team with his Lottery Winnings on Dream Team... :S
Mon 21/10/02 at 16:47
Regular
"bWo > You"
I feel really sorry for Lineker - all these Leicester fans are going to be expected immediate promotion now that Gary's there, but you won't get it. You'll have to wait a couple of years at least before you're ready to take on the Premiership again.
Mon 21/10/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Bobba you"
NO!

We're are ready methinks. You havn't seen them play the last couple of games. Yeah we lost to Burnely on Saturday. But we're ready.
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:18
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
We are ready, like Reddy said You havn't seen them play the last couple of games. They have been on fire, we might have lost to burnley but that was because we had a goal disallowed for no reason, he was no way offside.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.