GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shen - mowing the grass!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 21:45
Regular
These last 2 days have been the worst days fo my life!

All us grateful Dreamcast owners must have Shenmue by now and what a brillant game it is, now listen to my story....

It was Friday 1st of December and it was the release day of one of the best game sever, Shenmue. I had won this on gameday and thought that itwould not be delivered on release as Perfect Dark took a week to come!

But I was surprised when it came and was delighted, over the moon etc etc! The next half hour was spent looking at the case as my little sister was granted permisson to watch CITV as i begged her to come off!

Half hour on and my little sister came off, she is a massive fan of the Sims, where like Shenmue live peoples lives. I place in CD 1 (of 4 massive cds!) of the game and get really excited! It loaded up and I started a new game, i pressed to select a file on my VMU and......................Not enough space!

ARGHHHHH I went all confused and went to delete files staright away! on my VMU was classic saved data Soul Calibur, Tony Hawks, Crazy Taxi, MSR etc, I could not delete all my hard work! Shenmue took up 80 blocks! so I took off unnessary data and was left with far to less space!

I could not think of what to do so I phoned my mate and on the words 'Shenmue' he was round like anything with his VMU! I played Shenmue for 4 hours! and was amazed! Even my Sims loving sister was and loved it! My mate took away 4 hours worth of Shenmue playing!

The next morning I woke up to my little sisters screams of RYAN I WANT TO PLAY SHENMUE! So today I went to get out 20 quid, but had no money!!!!! So I went back home and was left no other choices but to mow the grass for my Dad to earn the money!

So, I asked the woman in the shop if they done VMUs and she looked but couldnt find one! They sold Vibration packs but no VMUs, how stupid!

So i was left thinking about what to do, town was to far away! So i called my other mate and he came round with his VMU and i was blown away again.

Tommorow I wil get a VMU, hopefully! The memory on them is so small and they are 20 quid! thats alot i think for a memory card, they are quality though!

Well I better go and suffer abuse from my little sister saying she wants Shenmue! I think she likes it more then CITV now, actually she told me she likes it better then Pokemon, and thats a massive compliment to Shenmue as she loves Pokemon! She even freaks out if you say Digimon!

I hope nothing like this happens to you and heres fingers crossed to that VMU!
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:45
"Uzi Lover"
These last 2 days have been the worst days fo my life!

All us grateful Dreamcast owners must have Shenmue by now and what a brillant game it is, now listen to my story....

It was Friday 1st of December and it was the release day of one of the best game sever, Shenmue. I had won this on gameday and thought that itwould not be delivered on release as Perfect Dark took a week to come!

But I was surprised when it came and was delighted, over the moon etc etc! The next half hour was spent looking at the case as my little sister was granted permisson to watch CITV as i begged her to come off!

Half hour on and my little sister came off, she is a massive fan of the Sims, where like Shenmue live peoples lives. I place in CD 1 (of 4 massive cds!) of the game and get really excited! It loaded up and I started a new game, i pressed to select a file on my VMU and......................Not enough space!

ARGHHHHH I went all confused and went to delete files staright away! on my VMU was classic saved data Soul Calibur, Tony Hawks, Crazy Taxi, MSR etc, I could not delete all my hard work! Shenmue took up 80 blocks! so I took off unnessary data and was left with far to less space!

I could not think of what to do so I phoned my mate and on the words 'Shenmue' he was round like anything with his VMU! I played Shenmue for 4 hours! and was amazed! Even my Sims loving sister was and loved it! My mate took away 4 hours worth of Shenmue playing!

The next morning I woke up to my little sisters screams of RYAN I WANT TO PLAY SHENMUE! So today I went to get out 20 quid, but had no money!!!!! So I went back home and was left no other choices but to mow the grass for my Dad to earn the money!

So, I asked the woman in the shop if they done VMUs and she looked but couldnt find one! They sold Vibration packs but no VMUs, how stupid!

So i was left thinking about what to do, town was to far away! So i called my other mate and he came round with his VMU and i was blown away again.

Tommorow I wil get a VMU, hopefully! The memory on them is so small and they are 20 quid! thats alot i think for a memory card, they are quality though!

Well I better go and suffer abuse from my little sister saying she wants Shenmue! I think she likes it more then CITV now, actually she told me she likes it better then Pokemon, and thats a massive compliment to Shenmue as she loves Pokemon! She even freaks out if you say Digimon!

I hope nothing like this happens to you and heres fingers crossed to that VMU!
Sat 02/12/00 at 22:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I enjoyed reading that, it was quite funny.

I hope you get to play it tomorrow!
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:02
"Uzi Lover"
So do i, Its sitting there waiting for me Sheepy!
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:09
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I know it must feel crap!

A story from me now, Christmas morning 19- something it was my first PC. Anyway I had been through a whole year of school without being ill, and guess when I was ill CHRISTMAS!

Not omly that I could not even attept to play my brand new games because the PC did not work and because that cost so much I had a Beano anual to read and a few clothes to wear.

Although it was the best boxing day I ever had even if it was my worst Christmas.
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:10
Regular
Feel sorry for me! I haven't even got a Dreamcast to play it on!

: )
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
If I write something about feeling sorry for me as I don't have a PS2, you'll all make sarcastic, hurtful comments as I'm the only PS2 fan on the forum.
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:21
Regular
No, I would more than make up for everybody else.

: )
Sat 02/12/00 at 23:22
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think my story was the worst, I was about 7 and had being looking forward to the festive cheer for months, going to school everyday and then SICK. I was so disappointed it was one of the worst days of my life but as I said boxing day was better than usual!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.