GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kids, you DO hate music videos.... right?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 12:32
Regular
We all know T.V is rubbish, as is most music T.V. But, believe it or not, there are ways of enjoying your worst music videos, as this nifty guide will prove. (And I even included an Oasis song….)

Avril Lavigne – Complicated

There are two ways to enjoy this one. Unfortunately, one of them involves listening to it. Simply don’t look at the screen, and you’ll forget that this girl is about 16, holds a guitar for the sake of it, and hangs out with wannabees, and you might like the song. But since you might have seen the video many a time, this might not help. Alternatively, you could watch the video on mute. Using this technique, after 10 seconds, you should start laughing. Loudly. When the 4 minutes are up, you may have received a heart attack from exhaustion, but you will have died happy.

Missy Elliot – Work It

Yes, that boppin’ chick is back! Damn! To endure this music video, you will need the "O’ Brother Where Art Thou?" soundtrack. As the video begins, put it on mute, and start playing Soggy Bottom Boys – I am a Man of Constant Sorrow, fully instrumented. You will now be watching breakdancing-bluegrass. What more do you want out of life?

Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Zephyr Song

To be honest, the verses of this song are pretty good, but many of you nu-metal monkeys might find the chorus as enjoyable as French spinach. So, kids, go to your Mum and Dad’s Record collection, and find any song by Pink Floyd. When RHCP’s track starts, play the Pink Floyd song, too. It will seem strange, yet somehow enlightening.

Coldplay – The Scientist

I like this song, so this is for all you Clutch fans. A lot of the music video is shown in reverse, so record the video onto a VHS tape for some fun-fun-fun! Then, play the car crash sequence in reverse, and because it’s already in reverse, it should play in real time. You will now find that you listening to some very odd music whilst watching Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin in a car crash. You will find you have a large sense of relief, but be warned, doing this more than once may mean you start to have actual feelings, as the song’s quite good, especially backwards. Destroy the tape immediately.

Atomic Kitten – The Tide is High

For little lads, this. Put the song on mute, and walk right up to the screen, and just stare. Somewhere along the line, you will see the corner of something that is big and flabby. This is something that will be only found on the bodies of women and on men like the guitarist in Bowling 4 Soup. You might enjoy this experience, but that would mean you are obviously just starting to enter the world of puberty, which means that you will greatly rebel against the song, and not like it on principal. However, upon viewing the video, it is more likely you might run away to the nearest dustbin, leaving a trail of puke on the way. Note: This will also happen for any songs by Muse.

Manic Street Preachers – There By The Grace of God

After the "tune" kicks in, leave the room, grab the nearest tub of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream and poor it on your head. Then, put on a dressing gown, a hoodie and some sunglasses, jump outside with a skateboard, punch your neighbour, kiss their cat, run into your oven, scream "I AM A TIGER" thirteen times, and get out of the oven. Then, buy an ice rink, and lie on it for 15 minutes. Alternatively, read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. By now, the song might be over.

Oasis – Little By Little

See above.

Pink – Just Like A Pill

Start jumping around the room, clicking your fingers, swinging your hair around, and you’ll find that the song has, in fact, and undeniably catchy tune - a catchy tune that will keep your brain busy for the rest of the day. Or, you could just pick up your remote, and press the "Off" button.

Any song by Will young or Gareth Gates

I’m afraid there is no possible way of enjoying a song by either of these young, devilishly handsome, evil men. Quite the opposite will happen. As the song starts up, you will start to feel a tingling sensation in hands, as your fingers fall off. Then, you’ll feel a sudden urge to rip out your tongue, and promptly throw your television out of the nearest window. For a second, you’ll think that everything is better by the fact that the song is over, when actually it’s poppy tune is something you’ll never forget. Therefore, you will pick up the nearest tin of baked beans, and crush them on your head. You will now lead a life enclosed inside an asylum, already populated by millions of others infected by Will and Gareth disease.

In conclusion, it is obvious that you can enjoy most music videos if you try, but the risk of your head chopping itself up is very high, so don’t watch music T.V.

Instead, watch Coen Brothers films.
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:20
Regular
"Acid Casual"
New Pearl Jam video for I Am Mine:

6 guys in a room playing the song live.

How it should be.
Mon 21/10/02 at 23:55
Regular
"Livin' it down"
The best music video for me is Robbie Williams Rock DJ.
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
not a complex story with a cast of thousands

*cough*Michael Jackson*cough*
Mon 21/10/02 at 20:08
Regular
"That's right!"
Personally, I believe most music videos take away from the song. You're busy watching the action, and you don't even take the song in, and because of this, you may decide the song is pap. Videos should be the band performing, and maybe some fit birds or something amusing every so often, not a complex story with a cast of thousands
Mon 21/10/02 at 19:58
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
The Live Wait And Bleed video is very good, but who needs the vid when you saw them live.
Sun 20/10/02 at 15:33
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I just came up with this when I was watching T.V yesterday. The title was just spur-of-the-moment....
Sun 20/10/02 at 14:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not sure I understand the post but it was funny.

I like music videos when they're good.
Sun 20/10/02 at 12:53
Regular
"You've upset me"
Lol!
Sun 20/10/02 at 12:32
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
We all know T.V is rubbish, as is most music T.V. But, believe it or not, there are ways of enjoying your worst music videos, as this nifty guide will prove. (And I even included an Oasis song….)

Avril Lavigne – Complicated

There are two ways to enjoy this one. Unfortunately, one of them involves listening to it. Simply don’t look at the screen, and you’ll forget that this girl is about 16, holds a guitar for the sake of it, and hangs out with wannabees, and you might like the song. But since you might have seen the video many a time, this might not help. Alternatively, you could watch the video on mute. Using this technique, after 10 seconds, you should start laughing. Loudly. When the 4 minutes are up, you may have received a heart attack from exhaustion, but you will have died happy.

Missy Elliot – Work It

Yes, that boppin’ chick is back! Damn! To endure this music video, you will need the "O’ Brother Where Art Thou?" soundtrack. As the video begins, put it on mute, and start playing Soggy Bottom Boys – I am a Man of Constant Sorrow, fully instrumented. You will now be watching breakdancing-bluegrass. What more do you want out of life?

Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Zephyr Song

To be honest, the verses of this song are pretty good, but many of you nu-metal monkeys might find the chorus as enjoyable as French spinach. So, kids, go to your Mum and Dad’s Record collection, and find any song by Pink Floyd. When RHCP’s track starts, play the Pink Floyd song, too. It will seem strange, yet somehow enlightening.

Coldplay – The Scientist

I like this song, so this is for all you Clutch fans. A lot of the music video is shown in reverse, so record the video onto a VHS tape for some fun-fun-fun! Then, play the car crash sequence in reverse, and because it’s already in reverse, it should play in real time. You will now find that you listening to some very odd music whilst watching Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin in a car crash. You will find you have a large sense of relief, but be warned, doing this more than once may mean you start to have actual feelings, as the song’s quite good, especially backwards. Destroy the tape immediately.

Atomic Kitten – The Tide is High

For little lads, this. Put the song on mute, and walk right up to the screen, and just stare. Somewhere along the line, you will see the corner of something that is big and flabby. This is something that will be only found on the bodies of women and on men like the guitarist in Bowling 4 Soup. You might enjoy this experience, but that would mean you are obviously just starting to enter the world of puberty, which means that you will greatly rebel against the song, and not like it on principal. However, upon viewing the video, it is more likely you might run away to the nearest dustbin, leaving a trail of puke on the way. Note: This will also happen for any songs by Muse.

Manic Street Preachers – There By The Grace of God

After the "tune" kicks in, leave the room, grab the nearest tub of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream and poor it on your head. Then, put on a dressing gown, a hoodie and some sunglasses, jump outside with a skateboard, punch your neighbour, kiss their cat, run into your oven, scream "I AM A TIGER" thirteen times, and get out of the oven. Then, buy an ice rink, and lie on it for 15 minutes. Alternatively, read the Lord of the Rings trilogy. By now, the song might be over.

Oasis – Little By Little

See above.

Pink – Just Like A Pill

Start jumping around the room, clicking your fingers, swinging your hair around, and you’ll find that the song has, in fact, and undeniably catchy tune - a catchy tune that will keep your brain busy for the rest of the day. Or, you could just pick up your remote, and press the "Off" button.

Any song by Will young or Gareth Gates

I’m afraid there is no possible way of enjoying a song by either of these young, devilishly handsome, evil men. Quite the opposite will happen. As the song starts up, you will start to feel a tingling sensation in hands, as your fingers fall off. Then, you’ll feel a sudden urge to rip out your tongue, and promptly throw your television out of the nearest window. For a second, you’ll think that everything is better by the fact that the song is over, when actually it’s poppy tune is something you’ll never forget. Therefore, you will pick up the nearest tin of baked beans, and crush them on your head. You will now lead a life enclosed inside an asylum, already populated by millions of others infected by Will and Gareth disease.

In conclusion, it is obvious that you can enjoy most music videos if you try, but the risk of your head chopping itself up is very high, so don’t watch music T.V.

Instead, watch Coen Brothers films.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.