GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SRW HardCAW Title: STD (Figo) (c) vs. Grandprix"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 09:59
Regular
Welcome to SRW Do Or Die, the latest Pay Per View offering from everyone’s favourite federation, SRW! We’ve already witnessed a tremendous European Title match up that saw a new champion crowned in Eddie Guerrero, but our attentions now turn to this hotly anticipated match up, which has the potential to be an absolute war, given the even matched competitors and the history behind them, and their individual associations with this title. One thing’s for sure, this match isn’t going to be pretty, so it is definitely not for the faint hearted. This match is for the HardCAW Title between champion Scotty the Doggy (Figo) and Grandprix, and in recent weeks their feud has taken a turn for the worst – let’s take a look…

SRW ECLIPSE 16/09/02

“Oh God no…Grandprix picks up KR, into the powerbomb position, what he calls the ‘Pit Stop’…

POWERBOMB THROUGH LONGY AND THE TABLE!! SENSATIONAL!!
Grandprix just powerbombed KR through Longy and the wooden table! He leans against both Longy and a fallen KR as referee Teddy Long makes the count…

1………
2………

3!!!!! GRANDPRIX IS THE NO.1 CONTENDER FOR THE HARDCAW TITLE!!
It’s gonna be Scotty the Doggy (Figo), the HardCAW Champion, against Grandprix, the new No.1 Contender at SRW Do Or Die - don’t miss it!”

After becoming No.1 Contender, Grandprix then set out to destroy STD’s chances of retaining the LightCAW title he won in the inaugural Battle Cage Match by costing him the chance to become No.1 Contender at the next Eclipse…

SRW ECLIPSE 09/10/02

“WAIT A SECOND! HERE IS GRANDPRIX! GRANDPRIX PICKS UP THE DORMANT HARDCAW BELT AND TAKES OUT STD! Grandprix drops the belt outside the ring, pointing and gesturing, and escapes through the crowd! RawIsAndy reaches over and weakly hooks his leg, as Nick Patrick (Hybrid) revives enough to slowly count….

1……….
2……….

3!!!!!!! STD (Figo) HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!”

One thing’s for sure, this bad blood will spoil over into this match up where there is more than just the title at stake…
As we cut back to the shot of the ring it appears that Grandprix is already in the ringside arena, making some early preparations, without an entrance – a strange move, but it also reflects the focus and determination of him going into this match up. Grandprix steps round the barricade and reaches under the ring apron, pulling an assortment of weaponry, including a sturdy table, which he tilts up against a turnbuckle, a couple of garbage cans (and their lids) which he chucks into the ring, and a nasty looking barb wire 2x4, which he carries into the ring, with him, whacking it against the ropes in a display of rage that is unnerving the crowd somewhat, then throws it away as he rubs his hands together in anticipation of his rival…

“WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?” Here is the SRW HardCAW champion, Scotty the Doggy (Figo)! Rubbing his chin somewhat nervously as he descends the ramp to a great reception, he removes the belt from his waist and hands it to a nearby official, and to the delight of the crowd skips over the top rope to come face to face with his adversary, who the ref separates from getting straight into each other.

DING DING DING!

The match has begun! An interchange of punches at lightning speed, whipping the crowd into the frenzy! Grandprix swiftly gets the upper hand, Irish whip into the ropes and a clothesline, then another clothesline! Grandprix goes for another punch – misses, STD swings him round and hits a backdrop. Grandprix sits up in pain, only to be kneed by STD, who drags him up. Irish whip into the ropes, straight into a spinning wheel kick! He goes for the quick pin…

1…..

Quick kick out from Grandprix, it’s going to take a helluva lot more. Grandprix manages to fend off STD quickly, then hits a modified spear to take down STD (Figo), trying to get him in some sort of submission but STD is too evasive. Grandprix grabs STD and whips him into the turnbuckle, the starts to chop the living daylights out of him, turning his chest red! Chop after chop! WHOOO! Grandprix turns and picks up the dormant nearby garbage can and throws it at STD, who catches it…SUPERKICK INTO THE CAN INTO STD’S FACE! Great manoeuvre by Grandprix, who makes the quick cover…

1……..

2……..

Shoulder up! Grandprix leaves the dent garbage can and looks for the lid, which he straightens out and then smacks over STD’s head, bending it in the progress! He searches for another one, but before he can reach the other untouched garbage can STD recovers enough to grab his foot and pull him to the floor, where he picks him up by the boot and rams his knee into the canvas. Now STD (Figo) is trying to get him into the Crazy Stretch, his submission move, and he does! CRAZY STRETCH ON GRANDPRX! Could this match be over soon? Grandprix is screaming in pain, but manages to get one arm free and touch the ropes! The hold is over but one wonders what that has taken out of him. Let’s have a look a that…

“shows SRW action replay*

We’re back, and the match has spilled over to the outside! STD is unleashing some stiff left hands on Grandprix, and then he rams his back into the steel steps! The crowd wince as he stomps on Grandprix, then picks him up and whips him into the side railing, Grandprix letting out a wail of pain as he crashes against the side. STD looks mad as he pulls the ring announcer out of his seat and against the commentators table, grabbing that object of both their desires, the HardCAW belt. STD walks over to Grandprix and spits on him! OUCH! He clubs Grandprix against the face as he’s still backed against the wall, busting him open!

A small tricklet of blood runs down Grandprix’s face as STD ascends the apron and waves his arms, pumping up the crowd! He jumps….BUT GRANDPRIX MOVES OUT THE WAY! STD crashes into the barrier and falls into the crowd! Grandprix jumps over the railing straight into a leg drop. STD is dazed as Grandprix tosses him back into the ringside area. Grandprix, what are you doing? Grandprix starts ripping away the protective mats, leaving the cold hard concrete underneath! He drags over STD (Figo), and suplexes him onto the concrete! STD grabs his back in unbelievable pain, but Grandprix picks him up and suplexes him in the other direction! The commentators and nearby fans turn away in horror as STD’s body bounces off the concrete, there must be some permanent damage being done here in this brutal match up.

STD is taking unbelievable punishment, as has Grandprix picks up STD and goes for another suplex, but this time STD is able to push him away, which he does with such vehemence that Grandprix smacks his head on the turnbuckle. Left hand by STD, who pushes Grandprix’s head into the turnbuckle once again. They are getting close to that table, and the crowd realise the implications of what that could to in determining the outcome of this match. STD garbs Grandprix who tries to whip him into the table…BUT GRANDPRIX REVERSES AND STD CRASHES THROUGH IT!

The crowd jump and gasp as STD’s body crashes through the table! STD (Figo) has taken some serious body damage in this match, and internal injuries are not out the question. Grandprix taunts him and then the crowd, but seems intent on dishing out more punishment to an STD, who, to be frank, doesn’t even seem to know where he is! Dragging STD around the ringside area, Grandprix is now removing the protective cover and monitors from the table! He drags a dazed STD onto the Spanish announcer’s table; most of the crowd can’t bear to watch…

PILDEDRIVER THROUGH THE SPANISH ANNOUNCER’S TABLE! SOME OF THE NEARBY CROWD TURN AWAY IN HORROR, STD NEARLY BROKE HIS NECK!

This match has been ungodly! Grandprix sits up, blood still trickling down his face, as STD rolls around on the floor, carnage surrounding them as a broken table, the ring bell, the HardCAW belt and dent garbage cans surround them – surely the title isn’t worth this? STD (Figo) is still rolling as Grandprix slowly gets to his feet, blood dripping on the floor, and rolls STD into the ring, but rather than go in with him he is reaching under the ring to get something – and pulls out a small bag. Now where have I seen this before? What’s in the bag….thumbtacks!!

He’s pulled out thumbtacks – thousands and thousands of silver thumbtacks! The crowd go absolutely mental as Grandprix pours them around the ring, turning to a fallen STD who has had the living hell beaten out of him. STD is still dazed as Grandprix slowly bends his back and grabs STD by the back of the neck and tries to lift him. He puts him into the powerbomb position and lifts him high above his head… the crowd gasp in horrible anticipation …but STD is furiously trying to get out of it!

Crucial moment in this match up! The dawning of what would happen to STD (Figo) has alerted him, and Grandprix struggles to get him in position, STD starts punching the top of Grandprix’s head! Grandprix, still holding STD airborne, wobbles one side… the crowd gasp… then over the thumbtacks!…this is unreal …they hover over the thumbtacks….

SMACK! JESUS! GRANDPRIX JUST FELL FACE FIRST ONTO THE THUMBTACKS, AND STD WAS THROWN AGAINST THE ROPES AND ON TOP OF GRANDPRIX!

Both men are out! Grandprix has thumbtacks sticking into his already bloody face, and a battered STD is on top of him. STD summons the strength to slowly hook his leg as the referee makes a belated count with the crowd cheering as he calls…

1……………

2……………

KICK OUT! KICK OUT!

Grandprix just managed to summon the strength to feebly kick out! STD (Figo) rolls off him, absolutely despairing – what a war we have witnessed here, but can they even go on? STD’s body has taken an absolute beating, and Grandprix is wearing the crimson mask, blood covering his face, not to mention thumbtacks sticking in his upper body! Absolute carnage!

Both men are barely moving in the ring, neither refusing to give up or give in, a tremendous testament to the endurance and resilience of these tremendous competitors. Grandprix is in the ring with an (un)dented garbage can and a dormant steel chair, whilst STD is somehow summoning the energy to get in the ring once more. STD and Grandprix are nearly face to face, one’s body beaten, and one covered in blood – Grandprix makes the first move, Irish whip into the ropes…GOING FOR THE FINISH LINE….

STD (Figo) DUCKS, SPINS HIM ROUND….DDT ONTO THE CHAIR!

Amazing moment – Grandprix went for his finishing move, but STD managed to out manoeuvre him and hit a DDT onto the chair! STD ids dragging that garbage can and putting it on top of Grandprix! He slowly ascends the top turnbuckle as the crowd go wild, he sets himself… CRAZY SAULT! CRAZY SAULT ONTO THE GARBAGE CAN AND GRANDPRIX!!

Surely this is it – the ref counts…

1…………..

2…………..

3!!!!!! SCOTTY THE DOGGY (FIGO) HAS RETAINED THE HARDCAW TITLE!

Tremendous match, what these two men have given us is unholy! Grandprix is just flat out in the ring, and STD can barely move as medics come in to attend to both men – but STD is aware enough to see the referee hand him his belt, which he holds aloft to a tremendous ovation from the crowd!
Wed 23/10/02 at 11:01
Regular
"bWo > You"
That LAST WEEK idea really does set the scene brilliantly, gives the matches an extra dimension.
Tue 22/10/02 at 18:55
Regular
Excellent! What can ya say, that was sheer class. I know what makes your matches that little more affective :c) You do the LAST WEEK bit. I should try that. Oh, and Russ, I can't do a match now, as I'm taken over by coursework. Sorry,
Mon 21/10/02 at 18:35
Regular
Excellant!

Top match Russell, some great writing techniques used in there to great effect.

Unlucky Grandprix, you shouldn't have even tried...:D Now onto my next move with STD.
Sun 20/10/02 at 20:53
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Top quality stuff there, RM.
Sun 20/10/02 at 12:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Wow...what a bout! Hardcore action all the way with a little bit of wrestling in the middle, you don't get much better than that. I used "Ant's Method" for this one, and I definitely thought Grandprix had lost after the thumbtacks, but no, he kicked out. Awesome stuff.

I like the word "unholy" too, and "vehemence". :D

Congrats to Figo as STD, he's still HardCAW Champion and he retained it in a brutal match.
Sun 20/10/02 at 12:43
Regular
:D
Sun 20/10/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Don't you think it would have been a little bit suspect asking you for a title win so it would fit into my plans?

It's fine honestly. I enjoy the work.
Sun 20/10/02 at 12:38
Regular
You should have told me then, I can't read minds...
Sun 20/10/02 at 12:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Why did Scotty have to win? I had a great plan if he had lost. Oh well, I've got a match re-write to do then...
Sun 20/10/02 at 10:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
WAHEY! Brilliant stuff, Russell, I really enjoyed that match!

Maybe it was the Hardcore fighting action, maybe it was the moves, maybe it was just the way it was written, I dunno. :-D

But great, great stuff! (Y)

Well done to Scotty The Dogg!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.