GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheats!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/12/00 at 18:07
Regular
This is not a topic about someone winning by cheating which most of you clicked for in the first place so sorry to disapoint you!

I believe games that have cheats make the game even more enjoyable than it already is (after a while). When you first get a game I believe you do not use cheats at all which is why I don't use them until after I am stuck or bored. When you use cheats it can let you access different features in the game you might not have reached unless you used them and it can make it more fun because you don't need to worry about dying, money or losing the level at the last second.

Take for example Rollercoaster Tycoon, although there are no in game cheats for this, there are trainers available for use which I have. I had got as far as I could and was begginning to get bored (which is a hard thing to do while playing RCT it is a class game) so then I got a trainer and it was fun because I made the best park in the world and it was excellent I could flatten land, get rid of the trees and not worry about the money.

Now that was just one game I could talk about others but it may take forever. SO what I am saying is cheats are a good thing with only one disadvantage sometimes they ruin a good game if you use them at the wrong time! :)
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This is not a topic about someone winning by cheating which most of you clicked for in the first place so sorry to disapoint you!

I believe games that have cheats make the game even more enjoyable than it already is (after a while). When you first get a game I believe you do not use cheats at all which is why I don't use them until after I am stuck or bored. When you use cheats it can let you access different features in the game you might not have reached unless you used them and it can make it more fun because you don't need to worry about dying, money or losing the level at the last second.

Take for example Rollercoaster Tycoon, although there are no in game cheats for this, there are trainers available for use which I have. I had got as far as I could and was begginning to get bored (which is a hard thing to do while playing RCT it is a class game) so then I got a trainer and it was fun because I made the best park in the world and it was excellent I could flatten land, get rid of the trees and not worry about the money.

Now that was just one game I could talk about others but it may take forever. SO what I am saying is cheats are a good thing with only one disadvantage sometimes they ruin a good game if you use them at the wrong time! :)
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Where is everyone to agree with my great post?
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:56
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Most cheats were put in to help the testers experiment, and it's easier to leave them in than to remove them, so that's what happens.
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:57
Here. I agree with it.
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:58
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Oh I fogot to mention the cheats are a good thing, since it's always nice to have more options, or to be able to just experiment occasionaly.
Sat 02/12/00 at 18:58
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I did not actually ask how cheats were made I was saying they make playing games more fun! ANd I already knew that.

:)
Sat 02/12/00 at 19:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
If that sounded like I was giving you abuse venom I did not mean it, it cam out wrong!
Sat 02/12/00 at 19:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yeha I figured. I was meaning to mention about cheats allowing for added variety ang longevity but kinda lost the plot a bit...
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:36
Regular
It sounds like exactly what i wrote when i cam on this site.....
Sat 02/12/00 at 21:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
WHAT! since I only came on late September and never saw it. If you are sugesting I copied then I did not. I don't like being called a cheat (ironic is it not).

Great minds must think a like!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.