GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Desert Island Disc (or cartridge, or floppy...)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/05/06 at 21:52
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The S.S. Leaky has once again (we did this five years ago) washed you up on a deserted island in the middle of an unknown sea. Luckily, the island has its own power grid and all mod cons, including a fantastic home entertainment kit that just happens to include the world's only multi-format console that can play any game from the past/present.

When you switch it on, the instructions are as follows:

"Select your title from below. Once selected, this will be the only title that this console can play, ever."

You're given a choice of every title ever released, which will you choose?

Personally I was thinking about Forza, but then I wondered if it would still be as good without my customised soundtrack. I thought about Final Fantasy X-2 just to annoy Kwada momentarily, hmm'd and haa'd about Halo 2 for a bit, then settled for...

Final Fantasy XI

Which of course is sheer brilliance because not only is it long lasting, never ending and highly addictive, it's also a MMORPG.

So what would you choose?
Sat 03/06/06 at 06:12
Regular
"8==="
Since I'm currently without broadband I'd like to get Perfect Dark back, failing that Halo 2 presses all the right buttons online.
Mon 29/05/06 at 02:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Being a Sonic fan, it would be Sonic Mega Collection every time because I get all the Megadrive Sonic games on one game.

Putting Sonic aside, it would probably be something like PGR2 or GT4. Maybe even a Championship Manager/Football Manager game.
Sun 28/05/06 at 23:22
"possibly impossible"
Settlers II - before the series went off course...
Sun 28/05/06 at 23:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The American version though when it comes out on August 23rd, i can't be doing having to keep looking at my japanese tables :-D
Sun 28/05/06 at 22:59
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> Has to be Disgaea 2 for me

That's my close 2nd. It would have been first but I enjoy sleeping from time to time.
Sun 28/05/06 at 22:17
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Ahh, but does this island have access to the Internet, and in
> turn online modes for such games as Halo 2, Project Gotham etc?

Yup, all mod cons.
Sun 28/05/06 at 22:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That wouldn't annoy me, it'd amuse me greatly actually, but then i'd feel sorry for you being stuck with such a game for all eternity...........then back to laughing.

Has to be Disgaea 2 for me with MVP Baseball 2005 a close second
Sun 28/05/06 at 21:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ahh, but does this island have access to the Internet, and in turn online modes for such games as Halo 2, Project Gotham etc?
Sun 28/05/06 at 21:52
Regular
The S.S. Leaky has once again (we did this five years ago) washed you up on a deserted island in the middle of an unknown sea. Luckily, the island has its own power grid and all mod cons, including a fantastic home entertainment kit that just happens to include the world's only multi-format console that can play any game from the past/present.

When you switch it on, the instructions are as follows:

"Select your title from below. Once selected, this will be the only title that this console can play, ever."

You're given a choice of every title ever released, which will you choose?

Personally I was thinking about Forza, but then I wondered if it would still be as good without my customised soundtrack. I thought about Final Fantasy X-2 just to annoy Kwada momentarily, hmm'd and haa'd about Halo 2 for a bit, then settled for...

Final Fantasy XI

Which of course is sheer brilliance because not only is it long lasting, never ending and highly addictive, it's also a MMORPG.

So what would you choose?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.